Poll How was your Mazda dealership service experience?

Did you have an overall positive or negative experience with your dealership's service department?

• Positive

• Negative

• No experience with service to date

Results are only viewable after voting.
I did find my preferred Mazda dealer by a coincident. My “go to” dealer ship said earliest appointment was 3 weeks away. When I said the cylinder head probably was cracked, he answered “I do not think so”. Called the next dealer and they said come in tomorrow. After 5 hours they confirmed that the car needed a new cylinder head. Seven work days later I picked up the car. I was so impressed, that I bought a new car from them one week later. I will happily drive the additional 25 miles to my new “Go to dealer ship” when I need service next time.

Last edited:
Yes, same experience. Bought
CX-5 at dealership an hour away. They were great... Service prep included Mazda moly oil specified on invoice.

However, the Service dealership (closer to home) receipt said they used OW-20( and thats it). Appears they put in some cheap barrel oil which had fuel dilution, etcc when compared UOA reports.
Likewise charged me for TCU, ECU control unit hardware/software upgrades during 3 year bumper warranty. Can't claw it back from Mazda corporate which won't reverse the transaction.

Yes, same experience. Bought
CX-5 at dealership an hour away. They were great... Service prep included Mazda moly oil specified on invoice.

However, the Service dealership (closer to home) receipt said they used OW-20( and thats it). Appears they put in some cheap barrel oil which had fuel dilution, etcc when compared UOA reports.
Likewise charged me for TCU, ECU control unit hardware/software upgrades during 3 year bumper warranty. Can't claw it back from Mazda corporate which won't reverse the transaction.
Is that why some people refer to the Dealerships as Stealerships?

Back