how much boost can it take

doob

:
mazda protege5 2003
need help i have a turbo for my 03 protoege5 and all the stuff to get it going the turbo can push 16 psi and i dont know what the rods pistons and ecu can take and if n e thing els is week pleez let me know

Well rods can handle 250hp at most, your ecu won't even know what to do with boost... This has been covered so much you easily could have googled it faster than you could have registered and posted this...

Careful man, the FSDE can not take much boost for very long. Plenty of them have gone boom at stock boost. The rods are weak as hell and the wrist pins are a crappy pressed in design. Unless you are ready to go forged, just forget about it. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear.

Careful man, the FSDE can not take much boost for very long. Plenty of them have gone boom at stock boost. The rods are weak as hell and the wrist pins are a crappy pressed in design. Unless you are ready to go forged, just forget about it. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear.

Those who blow the motors at stock boost do not understand how the MSP is tuned.... I've been running 12psi for close to two years now without a issue without a SSAFC/standalone... Am I risking it sure... do I go full boost at low rpms and high engine load... **** no I don't I very rarely go full throttle below 3.5k rpms.

Those who blow the motors at stock boost do not understand how the MSP is tuned.... I've been running 12psi for close to two years now without a issue without a SSAFC/standalone... Am I risking it sure... do I go full boost at low rpms and high engine load... **** no I don't I very rarely go full throttle below 3.5k rpms.

Ahhhhh......Much wisdom he has

So how's your transmission going?

BAM!

need help i have a turbo for my 03 protoege5 and all the stuff to get it going the turbo can push 16 psi and i dont know what the rods pistons and ecu can take and if n e thing els is week pleez let me know

Save like 5k.....this would be your FIRST STEP lol....Pistons/rods etc.etc. can be had in the FOR SALE secton,cheaper than paying full price,but don't buy everything USED! use common sense,but it's a step in the right direction.Use the search button/tab and you will find a wealth of info.it's good to read so you can really get familiar with YOUR car,just keep in mind this car is NOT your average "flog every day,every chance car"........

And now that that has been said BANG BOOM PSSTTTT "magical black smoke"

I'm honestly debating getting a SSAFC but i cant find anyone even remotely close in the midwest that is willing to tune it (getting ready to put a low mileage fs-de non forged internals into #1500) and would like to have a better tune then the stock ecu flashed i still hear its a terrible stock tune even with the flash

Thats what makes it fun!!! except when stuff breaks. lol

Edit: I'll be the first one to admit that i dont baby my car.

I'm by no means easy on my 323 either, but I'm way to afraid to run it like my Honda. Rev limiter clutch dumps with LSD trans and 90hp was way too much fun. But well built motors and the fsde are 2 different things. No motor will hold up to a lot of abuse with a tune like the stock msp tune. I'm looking to buy another beat up Honda just to have something to run the piss out of, best thing about those cars is you can get a motor for $200 a trans for $100 and replace either in 3-5 hours with one person. Clearly off track here but being hard on a car and ragging it out are 2 different things. When its your first turbo car your going to have a lot of fun with it, but when it's an msp if you do it on the stock tune you're Gona have a ba time. Either blow it up or break LSD then you're going to call it a pos and hate Mazda because you bought a failed experiment that Mazda made

Sorry but it was an extremely successful experiment. The msp was just not the finished product.. take a look at the popularity of the MS3. Yes I know they are completely different cars but the experiment was to gauge the market.

I'm by no means easy on my 323 either, but I'm way to afraid to run it like my Honda. Rev limiter clutch dumps with LSD trans and 90hp was way too much fun. But well built motors and the fsde are 2 different things. No motor will hold up to a lot of abuse with a tune like the stock msp tune. I'm looking to buy another beat up Honda just to have something to run the piss out of, best thing about those cars is you can get a motor for $200 a trans for $100 and replace either in 3-5 hours with one person. Clearly off track here but being hard on a car and ragging it out are 2 different things. When its your first turbo car your going to have a lot of fun with it, but when it's an msp if you do it on the stock tune you're Gona have a ba time. Either blow it up or break LSD then you're going to call it a pos and hate Mazda because you bought a failed experiment that Mazda made

The MSP is my first turbo car... ive replaced the trans a few times, struts twice, front and rear endlinks i think 3 or 4 times, front sway bar bushings twice, rear 4 times, turbo twice(used one went bad within a month), full exhaust, every coupler, I go through tires in 8months to a year, motor mounts a few times including "solid mounts", alt twice, timing belt with water pump 3 times, snapped 3 or 4 axles.. i lost count on that one, broke diff, rims (bent the stock RH on pot hole i think), shifter, shifter busings, wideband 02 sensor on the AEM, both 02 sensors, coil packs multiple times, flywheel and clutch

still have yet to replace - starter, ac, motor, wheel bearings, front control arm bushings, rack and pinion with both inner and outer tie rods, trailing arms...

im sure im forgetting things. I have yet to launch mine even with a mfactory diff.

Back