How install HKS SSQV

Unkillable2

:
Mazdaspeed 3 (True Red)
can someone do a "how to" on this for the speed 3... i recently ordered one and it got no instruction!!! i got the general idea but i have no clue on some of the little pieces. thx in advance.

Last edited:
well which version did you get? did you get the universal, if its the universal who's flange did you get. pretty much you need to take the valve put the gasket into the flange set valve on gasket and then take a "c ring plier" to compress the c ring into the flange which will then lock it down. then you bolt it where the stocker went. if you are using the recirc fitting, on the front you take 4 of the 8 screw out, the directions show you which. this will then release the outer body so you can swap the fitting. then reassemble.

can someone do a "how to" on this for the speed 3... i recently ordered one and it got no instruction!!! i got the general idea but i have no clue on some of the little pieces. thx in advance.

Well if you purchased the HKS version for the MS3, good luck, it's a major pain in the ass and almost impossible to fit right if you don't have a "aftermarket" intake.

If you purchased the CP-E version of the unit, it's very easy except when you have to reclock the hat on the BOV, cuz the nuts and bolts are so small. other then that it's VERY straight forward and easy.

Yeah definitly need to know which version you have to help.

THe HKS version for MS3 Wasnt hard at all. Perfect stock fitment on mine.

this is what i got, not sure which version this is but they is where i got it at... hope i got the easy one lol i got an injen intake install, hope that will make it easier too.

http://www.street unit.com/Street Unit_HKS_MZR_Flange_p/sumzrhks.htm

Last edited:
ok the link doesnt work but pulled it up myself and looks like this is just the adapter flange. So looks like you got a universal kit.

well which version did you get? did you get the universal, if its the universal who's flange did you get. pretty much you need to take the valve put the gasket into the flange set valve on gasket and then take a "c ring plier" to compress the c ring into the flange which will then lock it down. then you bolt it where the stocker went. if you are using the recirc fitting, on the front you take 4 of the 8 screw out, the directions show you which. this will then release the outer body so you can swap the fitting. then reassemble.

try this....i dont like universals so wouldnt be too much help on this.

overall....its not hard at all switching over to a BOV. just making sure that the flange fits is all you have to worry about.

unkillable i am gonna pm you my phone number i am in lancaster california so i will walk you through if you like. looking at street unit you got the atp turbo flange. i had this one first and its not horrible but its not the best. the problem is that the shape of the flange where it sticks out hits the valve housing which doesnt let you fully clock the valve. basically the valve hits the flange so you cant spin the valve(it may hit the hood a little from this). if you wanna see the other flange go to cp-e's website(cp-e .com). and look for the flange under ms3 and they have pics that illustrate it. anyway its a 50-60 dollar flange but is the best next to the car specific valve. but back to yours, you need to go to home depot or sears or some tool store and get a good set of snap ring pliers(that big metal c with two holes in it). this will allow you to attach the valve to the flange. once thats done its easy as bolt on and go. in terms of the vac port on the back of the valve it will hit the hood in that configuration but you can take a very small i think its 5mm bolt and you need a allen wrench to remove the screw. well anyway you can take that back hat off and rotate it to have the vac port on the bottom. well that sums up with the rest of what i said. the only other thing you may need to do is lengthen the recirc hose, which is cut it put a piece of tubing(i used copper) to make it longer or shorter. its up to you some people run with it crimped. but i have used the atp flange and the cp-e so i speak from doing it. well if you need help call me, and good luck. your last option is to take it to a mechanic to put the snap ring on for you and then bolt it up. good luck.

rico

thx for all you guys's help and i mean it! i havn't have enough time to really work on it yet but i am stuck already. lol in the picture below, is the black ring suppose to go into that little circle in the flange? i tried but the black ring is too big... is there a special way to put it in there or it's not even suppose to go in there? god never thought a bov would gimme so much trouble!!! (rant)

Attachments

• P5090423.JPG
    P5090423.JPG
    956.3 KB · Views: 137
  • P5090428.JPG
    P5090428.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 123
you need a 90*/45* snap ring plier to compress the ring and slide it in.

I just received my hks ssqv bpv with the cp-e flange and I read through the instructions that CP-e gave me a couple of times. doesn't look bad but definitely wouldn't be an easy install for me (never installed a car part in my life as the ms3 is my first really moddable car).

ok guys i finally got it install!!! but now it sounds like it's coughing... i am running it in recir. the crazy thing is, when i take it for a less then a mile drive and open my hood, the end that attach to the BOV BROKE!!! how the hell does the rubber broke? -_- lol but anyways i just connect it again, hope it wont break anymore. but still the hks bov sound it's more like coughing then breathing. lol i am not sure if this is normal or not... oh and i changed the rubber O ring with another O ring that fill perfectly. hope that's not that problem. i really hope i didn't spend 250 on something that make my car cough! :( oh and the CEL didn't come on... so that's a good thing right? or the bov can't trigger the CEL?

Last edited:
ok guys i finally got it install!!! but now it sounds like it's coughing... i am running it in recir. the crazy thing is, when i take it for a less then a mile drive and open my hood, the end that attach to the BOV BROKE!!! how the hell does the rubber broke? -_- lol but anyways i just connect it again, hope it wont break anymore. but still the hks bov sound it's more like coughing then breathing. lol i am not sure if this is normal or not... oh and i changed the rubber O ring with another O ring that fill perfectly. hope that's not that problem. i really hope i didn't spend 250 on something that make my car cough! :( oh and the CEL didn't come on... so that's a good thing right? or the bov can't trigger the CEL?

when you have it in recirc, (HKS Valve) it'll sound like that.... a cough, or muffled pshh...

Back