How easy to add reversing camera to 2021 CX-5?

Just bought the Kuro edition and here in the UK that doesn't come with a backup camera. Is it something that would be fairly simple to install DIY, do mazda already include the wiring loom in all cars? if that's the case can you just buy the camera module park and connect it up or would I need to buy a full wiring kit and if so any recommendations?

I haven't yet tried it, but I've read there is a loom with the connections.

What type of head unit does your Kuro have?

I'm surprised cars don't all come with backup cameras...must be a united states thing where they are all standard on new vehicles
I thought the same thing. All vehicles came with standard backup cameras. Especially on larger ones.

Yeah I think it’s a law thing in the US. That’s what made me think the loom might be there and it’s just a case of fitting the camera module and plugging it in.

Just bought the Kuro edition and here in the UK that doesn't come with a backup camera. Is it something that would be fairly simple to install DIY, do mazda already include the wiring loom in all cars? if that's the case can you just buy the camera module park and connect it up or would I need to buy a full wiring kit and if so any recommendations?
Hi - just wondering if you had any luck with your reverse camera, I also have the Kuro edition and would like to get an aftermarket camera fitted. Thanks in advance.

No worries... I have found a company that can provide and fit since my initial post. They are charging £1k, to fully integrate into the existing display, not sure if that's a good price or not, will do some research.

No worries... I have found a company that can provide and fit since my initial post. They are charging £1k, to fully integrate into the existing display, not sure if that's a good price or not, will do some research.
I would think thats a lot,as pre 2021 cars with the smaller sceens can do it for £400, so given time i guess it should come down.

Did you install camera in the end? If so, any chance you could share more details?

Backup cameras have been mandatory since 2018 in North America.
I don't understand why that isn't the case everywhere, or why Mazda (or any other brand) would not just make it a standard feature with every vehicle. That would also make more sense from a manufacturing point of view, not having to adjust assembly requirements/systems from country to country. Keep it uniform and simple.

but but they get parking sensors and other goodies in Europe :) which we dont get.
Even "kick to open" power rear gate

Back