How do I unbuckle middle row seat belt?

jweaks

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-9 Sport 2012 & Mazda3 2018 Touring
Am I a moron? Blind?
I can not figure out how to unbuckle the center seat belt in the middle row of my 2012 CX-9.
It doesn't have a button.
It's the belt that is attached to the ceiling behind and stretches over.

I have a 2017 and had the same problem. The female end of buckle would not release the male for the center 2nd row seat. Took it to the dealer who fixed under warranty. It was actually quite a big project.

I don’t have a first gen cx-9 but If you are talking about the first attachment point (usually when in use it goes like this, ceiling to first buckle, then accross the lap to second buckle). Sometime those buckles have a slot that you need something to push into to release it. Usually you can use the male end of the seat belt to push into that slot.

Edit: based on the owner manual for the 2012 cx-9 the slot is on the Center of the front face of the buckle and you need a small object to push it ( like a key).

Last edited:
Youri, omg, that worked. Thank you thank you thank you. Over the years I tried unbuckling it with that slot, using the metel end of the buckle, figuring if that was a release, then that's how it would work. But inserting a key popped it off immediately. Thanks.

based on the owner manual for the 2012 cx-9 the slot is on the Center of the front face of the buckle and you need a small object to push it ( like a key).

Back