Hissing (white noise) from Front Speaker (Bose)?

m3w49

I have a 2014 CX-5 with the Bose audio system and noticed that my front left speaker recently started to produce a hissing noise (sounds like faint static/white noise) whenever I turn the volume on. It goes away if I turn the volume to 0 or turn the audio off completely. This started happening after I had the car serviced at the dealer (they replaced the driver side mirror and sprayed the AC with a disinfectant, so I don't see how the audio might have been affected). Anyone else have this issue or know what might be causing it?

Well it could make some sense since they likely needed to remove the door panel to replace the drivers mirror. You can probably have them look at it again.,

Yes, I'm sure I've read the door panel is removed to work on the mirror.

Several years ago I had the driver side window regulator on my wife's '06 Miata replaced by the dealer. Just prior to that I'd had a door ding near the mirror removed by my favorite PDR shop. Not long after these two events I realized the door speaker was inop and, thinking it musta' been from a bodywork tool, I took it back to the PDR shop to have him look at it. When he took the panel off, the speaker was completely disconnected. Since he rarely removes panels in his work, it was obvious the dealer had forgotten to connect it back up when he replaced the regulator.

Back