High pressure fuel pump or pressure sensor issue? 2017 CX-5

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issues or problem as I have with a Mazda cx5 2017 sky active and can help me in any way

Car was giving the P CODE 0192
for the exhaust pressure sensor it took a few days for Mazda to get me the reinforced/upgraded sensor and the car was driven in that time .when I came back to fit the sensor the car had P CODE 0192 (fuel rail pressure sensor circuit low bank 1)

I fitted the exhaust sensor and the exhaust sensor P0473 cleared and has stayed out since
But now the P code 0192 has stayed in the car along with
P codes 0222 (throttle position sensor circuit low)
P2118 throttle actuator A control motor current range/performance
P0652 sensor reference voltage B circuit low

The car is in limp mode and had no throttle what so ever. Today I changed the fuel filter to see it made much of a difference and the throttle has come back to go up to 2000rpm but car is still in limp mode and sounds like its lacking fuel alright wants to go and wants to die out but still starting and all...I checked the pressure with live data woth the car running is reads 0 psi/kpaI and with the sensor unplugged it reads 250000 psi/kpaI was just wondering is it's 100%the high pressure pump that has given up on me or could there be another issue I haven't seen.. I know a pressure gauge should clear that up for me put to get that checked is days waiting ..the high pressure pump costing 5600 euro so it a big bite to say it the pump when it not thanks in advance much appreciated

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issues or problem as I have with a Mazda cx5 2017 sky active and can help me in any way

Car was giving the P CODE 0192
for the exhaust pressure sensor it took a few days for Mazda to get me the reinforced/upgraded sensor and the car was driven in that time .when I came back to fit the sensor the car had P CODE 0192 (fuel rail pressure sensor circuit low bank 1)

I fitted the exhaust sensor and the exhaust sensor P0473 cleared and has stayed out since
But now the P code 0192 has stayed in the car along with
P codes 0222 (throttle position sensor circuit low)
P2118 throttle actuator A control motor current range/performance
P0652 sensor reference voltage B circuit low

The car is in limp mode and had no throttle what so ever. Today I changed the fuel filter to see it made much of a difference and the throttle has come back to go up to 2000rpm but car is still in limp mode and sounds like its lacking fuel alright wants to go and wants to die out but still starting and all...I checked the pressure with live data woth the car running is reads 0 psi/kpaI and with the sensor unplugged it reads 250000 psi/kpaI was just wondering is it's 100%the high pressure pump that has given up on me or could there be another issue I haven't seen.. I know a pressure gauge should clear that up for me put to get that checked is days waiting ..the high pressure pump costing 5600 euro so it a big bite to say it the pump when it not thanks in advance much appreciated
The most common causes of a P2118 code include a faulty throttle body, soiled throttle plate or linkage, a dysfunctional throttle position sensor, malfunctioning accelerator pedal position sensor, damaged or defective throttle actuator control motor, a broken connector, frayed wiring, or a faulty PCM. A P2118 code means that something is preventing the vehicle’s throttle from working, which can lead to serious issues. Identify all the components related to the Throttle Actuator Control System. This includes the throttle body, throttle position sensor, throttle actuator control motor, PCM, and accelerator position sensor. A visual inspection should be done to check the wiring for observable defects like scraping, rubbing, bare wires, burn spots, or melted plastic. Check the connections of each component for placement, corrosion, and damaged pins. Inspect the throttle plate for rotation by pressing it and making sure that it is in the wide-open position. Clean any dirt behind the plate while it is accessible. These are operations you can do yourself with a bit of patience and it wouldn't surprise me if there is a common relationship behnd so many codes. Depending on the type of diagnostic scanner you have you may find a visit to a reputable diagnostic shop may be required. The strange part of codes is that they don't necessarily point you to the real problem (cause) but only what the ECM sees and reports. As for the fuel pump, only an actual gauge plumed into the fuel delivery system will give you an accurate report on it's status. Hope this isn't too much info and confuses you. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back