help with my new keeping door trim looking new

Desync

:
Protege5
When I bought my car it had lots of rust on the door trim and I wanted to fix that. During the summer me and my dad fixed that by sanding down and repainting the entire door trim including two rear trunk windows with a couple coats of primer and rustoleum semi gloss black. It's almost spring now and it has held up well. I'll post pictures later because I'm busy today, but my question is... How can I keep the paint looking new. We did not put any clear coat because it would make it look real shiny which I do not want but so far it has held up real well. Any tips I can use to maintain my paint job?

Spray can paint jobs won't hold up well, you could put some clear on it or have it done the right way. Or just do it over again if it starts to look bad.

Last edited:
When I bought my car it had lots of rust on the door trim and I wanted to fix that. During the summer me and my dad fixed that by sanding down and repainting the entire door trim including two rear trunk windows with a couple coats of primer and rustoleum semi gloss black. It's almost spring now and it has held up well. I'll post pictures later because I'm busy today, but my question is... How can I keep the paint looking new. We did not put any clear coat because it would make it look real shiny which I do not want but so far it has held up real well. Any tips I can use to maintain my paint job?

Which trim are you talking about? The plastic bump guards on the doors?

its the metal trim that is part of the doors. I just dont want it to fade a lot but a little bit of fading is not preventable. the car is in the garage most of the time. Ill get pictures when I have the chance :p

its the metal trim that is part of the doors. I just dont want it to fade a lot but a little bit of fading is not preventable. the car is in the garage most of the time. Ill get pictures when I have the chance :p

So, like the edges of the doors then? You can look online - I think they make spray can clear coat with more of a matte finish rather than gloss.

Latest posts

Back