Got my Turbo Hoses and Apex Down Pipe!

TheRecruit

:
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution MR
UPS came today with goodies. (naughty) Got my Turbo Hoses Hard Pipe kit and Apex 2.5 downpipe w/high flow cat. Anyone that has the Turbo Hoses hard pipe kit or similar that installed there parts on there own. Were you able to use a standard hair dryer to get the old plastic piping off, or should I go out and get a heat gun? Everyone says it's a b**** to get the OEM pipes off. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

depending on how many miles you have driven on the car and how old it is, the pipes should be pretty easy to get off. i recently took mine off, and it was fairly simple. the upper pipe was a bit tougher. just make you sure have a pretty strong person with ya. the blow dryer should work also. just your preference.

drew.

Muslce up son and pull them off. I've done it three times on three different cars. It's not easy man, but go drive the car then try and pull them off, the heat will help a bit.

When I put mine on I just commuted home from work and right when I got there I popped the hood and started taking them off. They came right off with a little twisting and pulling. I did not need a hair dryer.

I let my car idle for a few minutes while I let them heat up. Then, I just popped them off, almost giving me a hernia.

LOL Thanks alot everyone. I have taken all your opinions and will now go outside, drive around for about 5-10 mins, then will install my hard pipes. Thanks for the help :)

Back