GI: 505 Intake Manifold Round 3

Haven't had any N/A guys pick one up yet.

We've gotten started on the new proto for test fitting. Hoping to have it fully machined and assembled in the next couple weeks.

22749383_zps1e4c4919.jpg

I understand everyone have lives and things happen when they happen.

My question without meaning to sounding rude is, will this happen soon as I can buy a V2 that will do... but would certainly like a new V3 instead.

I plan to switch aftermarket ecu brands and do a full retune with a new intake manifold, adjustable cam gears and some new cams. in the following months.

What do I do?

Sorry for the lack of updates lately folks. I had to change to a new machine shop for several reasons, and things have been slow moving. Simply put, I don't want another case where the parts take months to make after taking deposits, and I need a place that can deliver in a timely fashion on the parts themselves. If that means it takes longer to get set up, it is a trade I am willing to make.

V3 is still in the works. I won't be taking deposits until I know we can get them out in a much faster fashion than the past. Wes is still on board for the assembly and welding, and he is excited about the planned changes because he will be able to crank them out WAY faster than the old design. I will have an update by the end of the week.

trying to figure out which O rings I need to seal up the injectors again? Im fairly sure they are 91 626 injector oring seals am I right?

No you need the regular ones listed for the MSP, the Beck Arnley kit on Rockauto includes both types of injector seals and you use the solid seals instead of the stock style ridged ones.

This intake also works with the stage 3 cams (twiggys) for the N/A cars. I would assume it would NOT work with anything less of a cam, but more dyno testing could prove me wrong.

proof that this cleaned up my intake problem

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123823894-iracemine-s-purpose-built-N-A-ST2-thread

Excellent post here. Thank you for chiming in on the new thread. I've always hesitated with the N/A guys on this part, but told the big power NA guys that there is probably power to be made with my mani when the cams are aggressive enough. Stoked to see it be awesome in the real world dynos.

As an update to the general thread, things are getting super close now. So many little tweaks and refinements have gone down over the past few weeks with the new modeling. I have shopped 5 different places that were actually serious that didn't work out (20+ in total). Some of those overseas. I want to get you guys the best deal possible as I have always done. It is way harder to make this part for 800ish than it was back in gen 1... especially with the improvements I am mandating.

That said, we are closing in on full production. I have been fitting protos and running them and then tweaking them for quite awhile now. I want the 3rd gen to be a true work of art, and will settle for nothing less. Full flow testing, full test fitting, full awesome... ugh... it takes time, and for that I am sorry that it has taken this long for you guys that are eager to own a gen 3.

We are about ready to fully rock now though, and I hope you guys are still ready for a GB that will save money for everyone.

TL;DR: Bomba: New GB prices will be for batches of 10 instead of 20.

Small sneak peek on the main flange:

Latest posts

Back