Future 626 Project: Center console swap and (twin) turbo, is it possible?

Haha my wife and I are flying up specifically for SEMA, I'll only be up for 4 days thanks for the invite though. lol

You could run a twin charge setup and still have 7lbs. My supercharger is switch activated, so all would would need is a pressure switch to turn off the supercharger while the turbo boost kicks
In. Also adjust the wastegate and BOV to acomidate.

As for the turbo I think a T3/T4 would be perfect. minimal lag and cheaper than a T28RS as well.

Yes, Mazda 6 brakes fit, or MS6 brakes also fit, but you'll need bigger wheels, 16" minimum.

03-05 mazda6 brakes need at least a 15 inch rim
06+ need a 16 inch rim
and the 06-07 mazdaspeed6's need a 17 inch rim to clear.

i have one of every set handy in my garage currently.

Lol show off. What's the dealio with the BJ suspension fitment on a GE? I've heard the fronts fit fine but the rears need some kind of modification while another GE owner from Aus told me his fit right in with no mods. He was running BJ BC coilovers.

Haha my wife and I are flying up specifically for SEMA, I'll only be up for 4 days thanks for the invite though. lol

You could run a twin charge setup and still have 7lbs. My supercharger is switch activated, so all would would need is a pressure switch to turn off the supercharger while the turbo boost kicks
In. Also adjust the wastegate and BOV to acomidate.

As for the turbo I think a T3/T4 would be perfect. minimal lag and cheaper than a T28RS as well.

I sent you my contact info on PM, would love to meet up.
I know that I can run a twin charge setup, what I'm saying is that I would probably not bother with it, if I choose to install a compressor I would probably stay with only compressorcharging and not bother with turbo on top.

03-05 mazda6 brakes need at least a 15 inch rim
06+ need a 16 inch rim
and the 06-07 mazdaspeed6's need a 17 inch rim to clear.

Then I guess I have to use 17" if I install MPS brakes, but how much impreovement would standard MZ6 brakes be over the standard Euro-spec brakes (that outbreakes my MSP as is.)

Lol show off. What's the dealio with the BJ suspension fitment on a GE?

the original Ksport coilovers all the mx6/probe guys used originally were the ones sold for the protege. and they bolted right up. but i wouldnt want to do that myself as there springs are designed for a car weighing like 500 pounds less then the 626. so the spring rate would be totally wrong. get a set made for the probe/mx6 if you cant find any for the 626 specifically. theres just no reason to put such an incorrect spring on the 626.

as the specs on the mazda brakes, heres the break down. keep in mind the same year fusions use the same brakes, as there just a re-skinned mazda6

03-05 mazda6 are 11.1 inch rotors

06+ are 11.8 inch rotors.

mazdaspeed6 are 12.6 inch rotors

the original Ksport coilovers all the mx6/probe guys used originally were the ones sold for the protege. and they bolted right up. but i wouldnt want to do that myself as there springs are designed for a car weighing like 500 pounds less then the 626. so the spring rate would be totally wrong. get a set made for the probe/mx6 if you cant find any for the 626 specifically. theres just no reason to put such an incorrect spring on the 626.

as the specs on the mazda brakes, heres the break down. keep in mind the same year fusions use the same brakes, as there just a re-skinned mazda6

03-05 mazda6 are 11.1 inch rotors

06+ are 11.8 inch rotors.

mazdaspeed6 are 12.6 inch rotors

Thanks for the info, very useful, but another big question here is if the same goes for EDM specs and does EDM brakes have the same grip power from the caliper as teh NADM ones??

And a MSP weigh about the same as the GE 626, if not more, wouldn't then coilover clocked in for the MSP work?

in all truth, i have no clue about the brake set ups on the other countries mazda6's. they were built at a different plant then the ones we got in america. so they could be totally different. or even the exact same. i just dont know. but the speed6 brakes we have should be the same as a MPS from any country as they were all built at the same plant.

OK, tried several places for a twin turbo manifolds for the KL platform, but no luck, so I guess I have to scrap the twin turbo setup and go single.

Still some decicions to take. First what turbo to use, T3/4 (old design but cheap), GT28RS disco potatoe, Super 60 or some suggesion from you guys.
What injectors to put in, is the a little bigger millenia s a good option or go larger, does maybe 6pcs impereza wrx 440 injectors fit
and the biggest problem: engine management.

Back