FS PAR 3rd and 4th

Hi

I was lucky enough to get a bunch of PAR gears a little while back and got to use some, but some have just been collecting dust, and that's such a shame.

These are the old Tri Point set made for high acceleration with ratios of 1.540 for 3rd and 1.227 for 4th. Actually I have 4 sets of 3rd helical cut, 4 sets of 4th helical cut and 2 sets of straight cut. They are all unused and the straight cut ones are even in their original plastic. As far as I know these are for roller bearings, but you need to source them for yourselves except for some 3rd roller bearings that I will ship with. (I have 3 of them)
After some research I found out on this forum that the roller bearing ones can be used on the stock shafts but there will be quite a bit of a leap from 4th to 5th if you choose to install these with the stock 5th. I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to do your own research here. Coarse gears will also require frequent oil changes and stiffening of the transmission case and/or PAR's bearing solutions is always recommended for high hp applications. The Tri Point set apparently has some casting issues but you guys probably know at least as much as me on this matter, so I'll stop boring you - on to the picure:
PAR-fs.jpg

EDIT: Price (or suggested trade parts value) $250 pr set + shipping for the helical gears & $125 pr set + shipping for the Straight cut 4th gears except if you want 3rd and 4th set helical toghether which I'll sell for $450 shipped within the US for two complete sets stored with a friend of mine in Vegas. As of 3-1-14 I have 3 complete sets left + the straight cut 4th.

Example of wanted parts would be MS6 calipers, clutch upgrade, Steedspeed manifold, Quaifeor Mfactory LSD to complete my own transmission build, FS-DE(T) gasket set, AWR passenger side engine mount, ARP main bolts, Main & Rod bearings, Mazdaspeed Protege door sills etc

Last edited:
Hi

I was lucky enough to get a bunch of PAR gears a little while back and got to use some, but some have just been collecting dust, and that's such a shame.

These are the old Tri Point set made for high acceleration with ratios of 1.540 for 3rd and 1.227 for 4th. Actually 4 sets of 3rd helical cut, 4 sets of 4th helical cut and 2 sets of straight cut. They are all unused and the straight cut ones are even in their original plastic. As far as I know these are for roller bearings, I have some but not enough for all.
After some research I found out on this forum that the roller bearing ones can be used on the stock shafts but there will be quite a bit of a leap from 4th to 5th if you choose to install these with the stock 5th. They will also require frequent oil changes and stiffening of the transmission case and/or PAR's bearing solutions is always recommended for high hp applications. The Tri Point set apparantly has some casting issues but you guys probably know at least as much as me on this matter, so I'll stop boring you - on to the picure:
PAR-fs.jpg

Shoot me a resonable offer in $/€/NOK or trade here or PM if you're interested. These are in Norway, but if you're very quick I can take them with me to the US this thursday on my vaccation and then ship them from there or maybe meet you on my roadtrip. (I was thinking to post these earlier, but I've just been too busy lately, sorry about that)

EDIT: Example of wanted parts would be MS6 calipers, forged pistons for the FS block (or intercooler upgrade to trade for pistons), AWR passenger side engine mount, ARP main bolts, Main & rod bearings, Mazdaspeed Protege door sills etc

where are you going here in the u.s. ? i have a fully built block, forged pistons and rods, ARP main bolts, ALC bearings. and i have an extra set of ARP main bolts sitting at home unused. also id trade my perrin fmic.

im just first wondering if the helical gears will be good to use for daily driving with those ratios. since my msp is my daily and i dont want to have issues with it or be annoyed with the gears after install haha

where are you going here in the u.s. ? i have a fully built block, forged pistons and rods, ARP main bolts, ALC bearings. and i have an extra set of ARP main bolts sitting at home unused. also id trade my perrin fmic.

im just first wondering if the helical gears will be good to use for daily driving with those ratios. since my msp is my daily and i dont want to have issues with it or be annoyed with the gears after install haha

Starting in LA, ending up in Vegas just before Sema. In the meantime the plan was US 101 and the now closed (wtf how is it even legal to close them) Yosemite & Yellowstone + wherever I feel like. Postage within US not that expensive.
btw feel free to join in on the roadtrip you guys!

Helical is less noisy than straight but the bigger teeth and harder metal will be a bit more noisy than stock gears and from what I've read PAR recommend oil change every 3k mile which is a bit annoying. Apart from that your transmission will be Close ratio from 2nd to 4th and there will be a bit of a leap to 5th.

Update, 1 set of 3rd and 4th is traded, three left where 2 of them are now stored with a friend of mine in Vegas for cheap and fast shipping within the US.
Updated first post with price suggestion.

I've looked at the numbers and I just don't think that I'd like my car for daily driving if I put these in. If i raced it often id definetly be in for a set. GLWS

Hello, do you still have them for sale ? im interested please let me know as soon as possible.
thank you

Hello, do you still have them for sale ? im interested please let me know as soon as possible.
thank you

Sorry, I haven't been on this thread for quite a while. A PM would be better fora quick response b/c of the email notification. 3 sets still available.

Haven't been on here for a long time, but it's probably time to give this thread a bump, still one set in the US.

Back