Front Parking Sensor Malfunction

Hi, my 2019 CX9 shows front parking sensor malfunction on the right. It happens when speed is below 5 miles per hour after driving for about 10-15 mins every time. The dealer had cleaned it up for the 1st appointment and replaced it in the 2nd appointment but still not working. Want to check on any good ideas or suggestions to investigate. Thanks.

I don't have any suggestions or solutions, but if it's a 2019 and it's still within the 3 year basic warranty, it should be going back to the dealer for them to diagnose and fix under warranty.

Though this thread is over a year old and the OP hasn't posted anything aside this single post, I would want to know more about the malfunction. Is the sensor beeping as if something is close to car, or does it actually say "Parking Sensor Malfunction" on the infotainment display or on the instrument cluster?

Upvote 0
I don't have any suggestions or solutions, but if it's a 2019 and it's still within the 3 year basic warranty, it should be going back to the dealer for them to diagnose and fix under warranty.

Though this thread is over a year old and the OP hasn't posted anything aside this single post, I would want to know more about the malfunction. Is the sensor beeping as if something is close to car, or does it actually say "Parking Sensor Malfunction" on the infotainment display or on the instrument cluster?
For me the sensor beeps as if something is close to the car. It seems like it only happens at lower speeds.

I do have an offset license plate holder from CravenSpeed, but this has been going on even before that install

Upvote 0
Sensors are only active at lower speed, above 5 miles per hour they are turned off. If there is a sensor error it would only show up when the sensor is active. If there is something in front of the sensor triggering it it would also stop above 5 mph.

Either something is in the way of the sensor (dirt, ice, etc. this happen to me all the time when there is ice build up on the front bumper), or there is an issue with the sensor (bad module, loose wire, etc.)

First thing i would try is checking if the sensors are loose or dirty, and then if that doesn’t solve the issue trying it without the offset license plate holder.

Upvote 0
Back