Front Bumper License Plate Bracket

my back plate holes don't have metal threads (that I can see), just plastic, and one of the holes feels like it is stripped. Should I drill new holes offset from the old holes (or stick to the dimples)? Or is there a way to get behind the plastic to add a nut to the inside to firmly secure the plate?

BTW I only tightened to a point for firmness and didn't try to over tighten them understanding I was securing it to plastic and the threads were holding the screw in place.

Really? I just went outside to make sure and there is indeed metal threads for the back plate. I wouldn't recommend drilling another set of holes in the back, maybe find a larger screw to get it snug or as a last resort they sell these compounds like Quiksteel that when dry you can drill into and take it from there. Let me know how you make out with that.

I'm going to run a strip of 3M paint protection film (clear bra) behind the front plate. You can pick up a roll of it pretty cheap off of ebay.

Really? I just went outside to make sure and there is indeed metal threads for the back plate. I wouldn't recommend drilling another set of holes in the back, maybe find a larger screw to get it snug or as a last resort they sell these compounds like Quiksteel that when dry you can drill into and take it from there. Let me know how you make out with that.

I'll try the larger screw idea... yeah they feel as if it's stripped but I don't dare tighten it more. thanks for the idea Gio26NJ. The dealer suggested bringing it in.

Back