From a 2002 Protege ES-GT to a 2011 CX-9 GT

damaster

Zoom Zoomin'
:
2011 CX-9 GT
Long time member of the forums but mostly lurked in the Protege subsections. I had an accident in November with my beloved 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT and it was unfortunately declared a total loss. RIP!

Wife & I recently had a new addition to the family and we usually have visitors or friends over so we figured it was time to look for a 3-row crossover (we absolutely did not want a minivan). I was pretty dead set on the Acura MDX and never even considered the CX-9. Test drove both after my bro suggested I give the CX-9 some consideration. Well, after the test drive, it was a pretty easy decision! The MDX drives like a bus compared to the CX-9 - that's what my wife's assessment was after the test drive! I really didn't like the soft, mushy steering on the MDX.

I ended up deciding I wanted a 2011 CX-9 GT in sparkling black mica before the end of 2011 so I sent a fax to all of the Mazda dealers in Quebec and some in Ontario. I offered them below invoice pricing, and eventually negotiated a deal at $528 less than invoice, got a $4k cash rebate and an iPad2 16GB wifi edition. Sweet deal!

Love the truck so far! Time to get floor liners, winter tires, rust proofing, etc. before we can really use it extensively in this wintery Montreal weather.

I always think Mazda could sell a whole lot more CX9s if more people get to drive it before they purchase other brands'.
You have to drive it appreciate it.
Well, congrats and welcome to CX9 family.

Congrats, and sorry to hear about the Protege?

Side note, I didn't know they had the Black Mica as an option in 2011?

Back