For the love of bleep…

:
2024 CX90 PHEV Premium Plus
Mildly annoying issue that I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced. It’s a random beep that mutes music on the driver’s side. I’m not sure if this is my iPhone but it started after I upgraded to iOS 15. Maybe it’s a coincidence, maybe not. But when the phone has not been connected to CarPlay, I still hear a ”beep”, more like a soft “ding”. I should try disconnecting BT also. No new text or phone notifications that I can see. I’m wondering if it’s alert from the car but it’s not associated with the speed warning or anything else that I can tell.

just throwing this out there and wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Muting driver’s side speakers only usually indicates a phone notification or a red light camera in my experience. That said, I’ve been on iOS 15 for a few months now and did not notice any new notification sound from 14 to 15

The only time the driver side mute on my 2018 is for GPS-navigation instructions.

check your In-car nav, apple map, google map settings to make sure you don’t have anything in there beeping at you.

check your sirius xm traffic notification as well. I don’t have those here in canada but they may have some sort of traffic alert or something in the states.

Thanks for the replies. The input is appreciated. I’ll take a look at the various settings tomorrow.

FYI, my wife used the CX-9 yesterday. Her phone isn’t paired via BT, she was not connected to CarPlay and still heard the beeps. It has to be an onboard notification.

UPDATE

I turned off all notifications and even disabled the safety systems. Turned off any alerts I could find under Sirius Travel Link. Turned BT off on the phone. Did not connect it to CarPlay.

Still was getting the beeps.

I took the Navi SD card out to disable navigate and the beeps went away. Left the SD card out, turned everything else on, paired the phone again, also connected to CarPlay. Still no beeps!

I’m going to push the SD card in again and see if the beeps come back.

For anyone interested, the beeps returned when I pushed the SD card back in. The alerts, issue, whatever it is seems to be related to the NAVI. I’ll mention it at my next service. In the mean time I use Google maps anyway …

Last edited:
It just occurred to me, couple weeks ago I downloaded the August update. it has to be related…

For anyone interested, the beeps returned when I pushed the SD card back in. The alerts, issue, whatever it is seems to be related to the NAVI. I’ll mention it at my next service. In the mean time I use Google maps anyway …
Go into the Nav settings screen and see if there's any alerts that can be disabled.

Go into the Nav settings screen and see if there's any alerts that can be disabled.

Yep, I did that. I turned off the Siruius Travelink notifications as well. I didn’t really find many NAVI specific settings though.

Update and resolution ….

I didn’t realize before that when the navigation SD card is out, traffic sign recognition doesn’t work. So I popped the SD card back in and the beeps continued.

For poops and giggles, I disconnected the battery for a minute wondering if it would reset anything. This was a total off-the-wall thought but it seemed to work. The navigation SD card is in place, traffic sign recognition is working, and there have not been any beeps all weekend. Unless something else coincidentally changed, that seems to have done the trick.

(y)

Back