Follow up to my accident thread

As some of you know my 16 GT CX-5 got totaled: Got into a accident yesterday. I have replaced it with a Mazda 6 GT 2017. The Mazda Cx-5s are pretty expensive so I just got another 6, man she is a beauty. I think this one is way nicer then the newer Mazda 6.

Attachments

• IMG_20220826_181704677_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220826_181704677_HDR.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 115
As some of you know my 16 GT CX-5 got totaled: Got into a accident yesterday. I have replaced it with a Mazda 6 GT 2017. The Mazda Cx-5s are pretty expensive so I just got another 6, man she is a beauty. I think this one is way nicer then the newer Mazda 6.
I have a '16 GT Mazda6 Sonic Silver.
Watch for for the belt tensioner leak and expensive battery replacement.
Your GT should come with iEloop, which requires Q85 battery and some programming. Correct me if I am wrong here.

It looks great.

I have a '16 GT Mazda6 Sonic Silver.
Watch for for the belt tensioner leak and expensive battery replacement.
Your GT should come with iEloop, which requires Q85 battery and some programming. Correct me if I am wrong here.

It looks great.
Mine is not the tech package, so no I eloop, rader cruise control, lane assist. But I have the city brake support, heated seats, heads up display, the gergous Leds, nav, memory seats

This is my 2nd skyactive mazda 6 so I know all about the belt tensioner leak, on my 15 Mazda 6 sport it went out like at 46,000 miles but Mazda refused to cover it under powertrain warrenty.

Coming up for five years on my 2017 Mazda 6 GT, with tech and premium package. My my how time flies.
Not a lot of miles on it yet. Coming up to 32,000 Kms, which is just shy of 20,000 miles.
No real issues yet. Heated drivers seat stopped working two years ago and was fixed under warranty.
Biggest concern is rust and poor paint. I had the roof repainted last year after a few bubbles showed up (warranty repair). Rear brakes are rusty and need replacing, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
As for performance, that is it's strong point. It is a pleasure to drive, and hasn't let me down.
I also still think it's the best looking model year of the latest gen Mazda 6. I didn't like the changes they made in 2018 and up, (although a turbo would be nice).
I try not to drive it in bad weather, winters especially, and garage it most of the time. It will be in the family for a while yet.

Back