electronics challenge

therizzzo

I want to hear a short beep (preferrably the lights-left-on beeper already in car) when my electric windows are rolled down fully. I want to hear this same short beep when the windows have been fully rolled up. Same with the sunroof would be nice too. An aftermarket chime can be used.

Now, how can I accomplish this? I need a parts list and rough schematic or good description.

I know it's unusual and pointless to alot of you, but I'm a freak and want to do this.

Part B of the challenge. I want to make all of my windows "auto" roll down. can the auto switches be purchased individually and just be swapped with the other ones?

yea you'd have to wire some sort of switch that is tripped when the window tracks hit hte extremes of their range of motion. i really dont see it worth while to do it and ahmads beep suggestion should work fine. . .i use it all the time for my alarm

I didnt see traitorhounds reply til i deleted my comment..

Heres my take on it.. they sell window modules that will do what you want and they know when to stop rolling up or down based on the amps being drawn.. as soon as the amps hit a spike the module knows it has reached the end and the extra stress on the motor means its done going up or down.. the moon roof works on a clutch system, the moon roof motor stops when the switch is tripped.. I may be wrong on the moon roof but that is the way I was told it is.. You can hack a module up to beep when the amp limit is reached.. is that a real enough answer??

Last edited:
thanks for the input guys.

All the window motors are tripped off when all the way up or down. I'll just light test or use the meter to find the right trigger wire. the, I will try to see if I can design a logic circuit with some IC(s) to trigger the beep from the motor trip. Dexter, I'll have to check the schematic of the 555 again, this may be all I'll need if I do it right.

Why all this trouble you ask?

I'm hyper-paranoid about paying attention to the road(now) while I'm driving. I totaled my last car in July when I was changing a CD while slightly drunk and not paying attention to the road. I don't want to be distracted by not knowing if the window is up and turning my head and looking or pressing the switch more than is absolutely necessary. I change my window up/down/front/rear/left/right configuration frequently when I'm driving and I think this would help my paranoia. And no more DD either. ;) (beer) (drinks) (friday)

Latest posts

Back