electrical problem!

Strobe Media

:
2004 Mazda 3 hatchback
Up until today i had all my LED's working just fine and dandy. I have 2 footwell LED's, 2 cupholder LED's and 2 other strips hooking to a spare constant hot in the spare fuse box, wired with a 2A fuse holder with a rocker switch. Up until today everything worked fine. I was on my way home and randomly all the lights shut off, dome & map lights shut off, radio went out and power locks went out. I figured this would be the 15A relay fuse under the hood in the very left bottom corner, this controls all of those. So i put the spare one I had into there, turned the car on, everything was fine, then i tried flipping on the LED's again, and it came on for a second and poof, fuse blew again.

All I can think of is there must be a shortage somewhere but not too sure where. If needed i can draw up my wiring diagram, but i'm lost as far as what could be wrong. If there was a short circuit somewhere, then why did the fuse under the hood blow instead of the 2A fuse i have the LED's wired to. And If there was a short somehow, why did the LED's AND the map/dome/radio/alarm blow too? they're on 2 different circuits?

a little help would be much appreciated =)

Back