E brake control module issues

HI I am hoping you can give me some feedback. I have CX-9 2017 Grand Touring. So December 2020 the car was stopping terribly and I had the rear brakes and rotors replaced by a local repair shop. While driving on a trip noticed the car was still not driving that great and was awful when stopping the car. So around March took it in to the dealer and told them what was happening and how bad it was. They basically said the same thing like the rear I needed rotors and pads. My car at first rear brakes had 46K on it. Then for the second brake change, it had about 57K on it. I didn't think anything of it. About four months ago it started doing the same thing again. and when reversing the brakes would squell. I figured it was the pads used. I was completely surprised when the next thing I know the rears started rubbing. I parked the car and had my Mechanic friend take a look. The rear brakes were gone and rotors trashed again. I couldn't believe it. I ordered new rotors and pads and he put them on. I then took the car to the dealer. A little history here I have had nothing but problems with everything on the car. The screen has been replaced the center knob for the stereo system is replaced. I do have an extended warranty. The car is sitting at the dealer now. I told them did they not inspect my e brake it sounds like it is bad and not working. They came back and said it was the brake and I need a new module to the tune of about 500 for the part alone. They refuse to fix it with the warranty they said the pads were not OEM. Trying to say that the brake pads caused a malfunction in the brake module. I was curious what everyone else thought. And does anyone have the true specification of the Mazda brakes that they would have used? I would like to compare to the actual brakes used. I read they use Akebono brakes? I can't imagine they are really any different than the set I put on my car. I see all these posts of everyone putting different brakes on their car is everyone's Modules going out because they didn't use Mazda OEM brakes?? Trying to decide what to do with the car at this point I can't drive it.

Back