Does 2022 CX-5 have oil leaking problems?

I read online about the turbo variant consuming excessive oil and the NA engines having cracked cylinder heads due to the cylinder deactivation issue.

I'm looking for a new vehicle to purchase and want something extremely reliable and was wondering if these problems still persist in the newest 2022 models.

Also does the infotainment system work flawlessly? Connecting to phones via bluetooth and Apple Carplay, etc. I've only leased from Hyundai, Buick, and Chevrolet and every car I drove always connected to my phone flawlessly and never had issues, is Mazda's infotainment system just as reliable and quick?

nobody knows for sure for 2022. Have to wait some time and see whether any of the current or new issues will present. 2022 is just too new. But If you are leasing it shouldnt matter probably. Can always easily get rid of it even if the engine drops from the mounts:)

Infotainment is decent. They refreshed it in 2021.

nobody knows for sure for 2022. Have to wait some time and see whether any of the current or new issues will present. 2022 is just too new. But If you are leasing it shouldnt matter probably. Can always easily get rid of it even if the engine drops from the mounts:)

Infotainment is decent. They refreshed it in 2021.
I forgot to mention I am looking to purchase my next vehicle. If potential issues for the current year model is unknown then I am not sure if I should go for the cx-5

by the way, there is no evidence that the cracked heads are related to cylinder deactivation at all.
And it doesnt mean that 2022 have issues :)

I read online about the turbo variant consuming excessive oil and the NA engines having cracked cylinder heads due to the cylinder deactivation issue.

I'm looking for a new vehicle to purchase and want something extremely reliable and was wondering if these problems still persist in the newest 2022 models.

Also does the infotainment system work flawlessly? Connecting to phones via bluetooth and Apple Carplay, etc. I've only leased from Hyundai, Buick, and Chevrolet and every car I drove always connected to my phone flawlessly and never had issues, is Mazda's infotainment system just as reliable and quick?

It has been speculated that the 2.5T may have oil consumption issues due to modified internals that were meant to address a previous issue (cylinder head cracking due to excessive exhaust force).

As far as I know, the 2.5 NA engine with cylinder deactivation has the same cylinder head cracking issue with the cause speculated to be the same as the 2.5T engine. It has been reported enough to warrant a TSB, but not so prevalent that it would prevent Mazda from being ranked 2nd most reliable brand by Consumer Reports in 2021, with spots 1 and 3 claimed by Lexus and Toyota (Mazda ranked #1 in 2020). Here's more praise from MotorBiscuit from 2021.

There is a recent relevant thread that was posted in the Engine & Gearbox subforum. Please review that thread and continue the discussion there if necessary.

Back