deep sounding muffler...

TuRbOtEcTicS

:
Mazda3
im looking for a nice deep mellow sounding muffler.....any one put up a muffler like that on their 3? thanks... (flame2)

TuRbOtEcTicS said:
im looking for a nice deep mellow sounding muffler.....any one put up a muffler like that on their 3? thanks... (flame2)

i just ordered a magnaflow muffler and tip last nite. on cardomain i got the setup from someone else, its gonna be a magnaflow universal round muffler, and im gonna have the resinator cut out and then a 4" tip welded on the end. i should have it installed by the end of the week, so ill let you know how it sounds. (rofl)

mazda3zoom said:
i just ordered a magnaflow muffler and tip last nite. on cardomain i got the setup from someone else, its gonna be a magnaflow universal round muffler, and im gonna have the resinator cut out and then a 4" tip welded on the end. i should have it installed by the end of the week, so ill let you know how it sounds. (rofl)
total cost of parts was like $106.05 with free shipping and then a muffler place quoted me $100-110 for the labor. so $220 for a decent exhaust.

muffler options'

The factory muffler is mid car' we just took out factory muffler and had a muffler shop weld in piping to a universal muffler. Sounds good' :) Deep and kinda muffled. Check out pics; $22 stainless steel universal muffler ebay, $75 for piping and to hang muffler.

Mark

Attachments

• sidecar.jpg
    sidecar.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 403
  • tip.jpg
    tip.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 374
exhaust.,

all i gotta say is that if you dont get the real exhaust systems that are from 200-400 bux...and just spend less than a 100 for tip and muffler..its pure RICER...please dont make the 3s ricers...weve already got enough of those stupid civics that haul no @$$ but sound like a friggin broken down truck from a mile away...

muffler/exhaust'

CCBrownie04 said:
all i gotta say is that if you dont get the real exhaust systems that are from 200-400 bux...and just spend less than a 100 for tip and muffler..its pure RICER...please dont make the 3s ricers...weve already got enough of those stupid civics that haul no @$$ but sound like a friggin broken down truck from a mile away...
I kept the factory resonator' w/ out a resonator I bet it would be way louder. You can't go throwing $$$ figures into it, it isn't always that way :) So since I didn't spend $200+ your gonna say it sounds like crap?? Our car sounds good and not raspy and at idle still quiet. Also ours has a silencer in the muffler...

MarkSpecV/M3S said:
The factory muffler is mid car' we just took out factory muffler and had a muffler shop weld in piping to a universal muffler. Sounds good' :) Deep and kinda muffled. Check out pics; $22 stainless steel universal muffler ebay, $75 for piping and to hang muffler.

Mark
looks cool (rofl) what kinda brand is it?

heres mine
580305_3.jpg

580305_4.jpg

mine is a magnaflo with 2.25'' piping with the secendary cat removed but kept the resinator to keep it quiet it is very deep sounding w/ no rasp or poping at all every thing done cost me $260

Last edited:
twistediluzions said:
heres mine
580305_3.jpg

580305_4.jpg

mine is a magnaflo with 2.25'' piping with the secendary cat removed but kept the resinator to keep it quiet it is very deep sounding w/ no rasp or poping at all every thing done cost me $260
looks cool....u got a sound clip?

when i did mine i left both cats and took out the resinator. the muffler shop said they wouldnt mess with the cats cuz of warranty issues, and i dont wanna chance it messin anything up.mine sounds good tho, not really high like some peoples.

Turbotectics - my experiences with the Magnaflow mufflers have always been good. They resonate a little less in the cabin due to their construction than 60 and 40 series Flowmasters. Magnaflows tend to have a less raspy tone to their mufflers as well. The sounds on my Mitsu Galant (sold), 69 Stang - used to be flowmasters(sold), and 87 M6(sold - boy do I miss that car) all were street worthy-deeper toned units. My friend has a F150 with Flowmasters and I must admit - that sounds wicked! But it does resonate in the cab somewhat. It all depends on what series really.

I had my share of Tsudos, Pacesetters(not too bad - keep the resonators unless you want to hear the "Krackle"), Powertones, and others. Magnaflow tends to be a little deeper in tone and reasonably priced. For some options though - my buddy who has a pretty sweet mistu eclipse and wife has a honda accord (tricked too) swear by these guys...--> http://www.bluebloodracing.com/muffler/muffler01.html
the mistu is pretty loud but mainly from the outside - if you put the resonator back in (which he never does) it muffles the tone quite a bit. His wifes accord has the resonator in the muffler and color matched too... pretty sharp. Okay, short story turned long... later.

twistediluzions said:
heres mine
580305_3.jpg

580305_4.jpg

Where did you get it ?

I got got the magnaflo and all the work done at my local Midas shop they are a magnaflo dealer and the best shop I have delt with plus they told me they would fix/replace any work they did and they also told me if the magnaflo started sounding funny they would replace it too no questions asked

inevitably some people will go for the ricer sound. it's their choice since it is their car. to each his own.

make sure when you are changing exhaust parts that you get stainless steel pipes and mufflers. aluminized exhaust components will rust out in a few years. it's worth it to spend the extra money to get something that will last (stainless) rather than replacing the cheapo aluminized stuff in a couple of years. that's usually why a good set up will cost $200-500 depending on the vehicle. not a slam on anyone who chose aluminzed pipes, but you will pay for it later probably. this is even more of a concern in places where there is snow and they use salt to melt the snow on the road. it beats the crap out of aluminized exhausts.

Latest posts

Back