Dealership oil change cost

Mine is something like $62 with Castrol, and a $20 coupon on the next one, so, each one after mail in coupon is $42.

The problem is you usually or never don't get a certified mechanic or even someone trained to do the mundane jobs, like oil changes, tire rotations or even safety inspections. Just what I have observed and caused me to become a do-it-myself over 60 years ago. Ed

+1

my girlfriend took her cx-5 for oil change last week at 6k miles, first oil change was free so everything was fine and good until this morning i decided to check what kind of oil was put in it, looked at the invoice and saw they used 6 qts of 252-4001, i was hoping they didn't actually put 6 qts of oil in it and it was just a typo on the invoice, checked the dipstick and it was a good inch above the top marker.

Here in mid NJ there is a lot of competition for your business. They only charge $45 for full synthetic ($25 for semi), tire rotation and fluid top off. The independents can't match that, and if they do you get a no name/cheap filter. At this price I would not even consider doing it myself. Plus I don't have to worry about disposing of the used oil. The downside is that they try and sell every service they can think of.

I just paid $64.95 for a Castrol Professional OE synthetic oil type change w/filter.Also given a $10 coupon for next service visit and a rebate form for a Castrol $20 rebate.

The dealership here in IL charged me 40+tax for a Mazda Moly oil change. Showed me the bulk amounts of oil containers they bought. Was pleasantly surprised at check out. The tech told me it was a lot cheaper than he thought when buying in bulk.

Here in mid NJ there is a lot of competition for your business. They only charge $45 for full synthetic ($25 for semi), tire rotation and fluid top off. The independents can't match that, and if they do you get a no name/cheap filter. At this price I would not even consider doing it myself. Plus I don't have to worry about disposing of the used oil. The downside is that they try and sell every service they can think of.

Yes. Service guy attempted to sell me a set of tires. He was trying to beat Sam's club's price. He Showed me a set that was close to $195 each. But after I checked out the specs, i found out that the tires he was trying to sell me were winter tires. Also, they asked me if I want the cabin air filter changed for $70!! .

My dealer, MAPLE SHADE MAZDA of NJ, provides free lifetime synthetic oil changes. Someone just posted they paid $600 for lifetime oil changes at their dealer, so I assume my dealer is saving me more than I thought!

They also throw in a free 8yr/100,000mi. Power-train Service warrently - you just need to show you kept up with factory maintanance, etc., which provides an additional incentive to get my oil changed there as well as an incentive for the dealer to do the oil changes correctly!

http://www.msmazda.com/customer-care-club

I was going to do Amsoil but really thinking about using the Mazda Moly.

skyactiv-oem.jpg

I read somewhere that this Mazda full syn was an exceptionally good product.
I'm getting 4 free O/F and tire rotations from my dealer; they put 6,000 on the 'return' sticker.

Back