Dealer pinstriping CX-9 hack job

avidien

Contributor
:
2013 CX-9 Touring
OK guys, I was getting the tires rotated for free and just checking out the dealer's showroom

and saw a brand new black 2015 CX-9 with pinstriping, I'm not a big fan of pinstriping,

I like the nice clean smooth look after a good wash and wax

but anyways, I looked closer and literally cried, seriously there were tears in my eyes,

the guy who did the pinstriping cut the ends with an Xacto knife right thru the clearcoat and nice black

paint, I can see the base sheetmetal !

I was just flabbergasted (shocked), how can anyone use the car paint as a cutting mat ???

it's criminal LOL

If the unlucky buyer decides to take off the pinstriping or if it wears out over the time,

you can clearly see where the cut marks are and those are the areas where the base metal will start oxidizing

Last edited:
The striping is supposed to go over the edge then it is cut. This person surely doesn't know how to pinstripe.

You know what you probably want on your new 35K vehicle??? Paint damage and areas for rust to propagate! This is level of care is why I never let the dealer throw in the "complimentary" wash after a service... No thanks, don't touch my paint.

Thats not even real pin striping.

Don't quite understand why someone would want pi striping on a CX9? But I guess everyone is different - some just a bit more different than usual......

This is real pin striping:

OK guys, I was getting the tires rotated for free and just checking out the dealer's showroom

and saw a brand new black 2015 CX-9 with pinstriping, I'm not a big fan of pinstriping,

I like the nice clean smooth look after a good wash and wax

but anyways, I looked closer and literally cried, seriously there were tears in my eyes,

the guy who did the pinstriping cut the ends with an Xacto knife right thru the clearcoat and nice black

paint, I can see the base sheetmetal !

I was just flabbergasted (shocked), how can anyone use the car paint as a cutting mat ???

it's criminal LOL

If the unlucky buyer decides to take off the pinstriping or if it wears out over the time,

you can clearly see where the cut marks are and those are the areas where the base metal will start oxidizing

Is that Wantagh Mazda's showroom? Looks familiar.

I dont even get why dealers pin stripe cars. Thats such an 80's thing. Leave it back in that decade where it belongs.

Back