Dealer Mark up in Montreal, QC

Does anyone know what the dealer mark up is on a 2016 CX-5 gs model. wifeys CX-7 is slowly crapping out instead of spending 3k to fix it i rather use that money to buy a new CX-5

I used carcostcanada.com when I bought my CX-5 GT. I totally recommend their service. Cost me $20 and no doubt saved me hundreds.

If you find someone who has this information please let us know. It is one of the most closely guarded secrets in the industry...aka no one really knows

ditto on carcost.ca
as much as it is an industry sponsored type of service - their report does provide some reference when setting your negotiation points
you'll see approx 7% difference between MSRP vs 'dealer invoice'
both numbers are highly suspect LOL as once you present your FIRM 'i'm out the door' number, and it's accepted
then the dealer will rearrange their numbers on the purchase invoice so their numbers suit their internal accounting purposes

ie we wanted 37,500 OTD, gst, fees, etc etc etc all included, ended up at 37,660
based on msrp of 35,040 with 1900 in extras/options
so was 35870 + gst

the invoice said 33,880, then options, fees, etc etc after that
carcost said 35,040 retail vs 32,800 wholesale (options etc NOT incl on those numbers)
so approx 3.25% 'markup' on the paperwork we saw

could also look at unhaggle.com - not worth the $$ for full feature IMO

Last edited:
I used unhaggle.
These prices are based in ON, not sure if they're the same in QC.

2016 Mazda CX-5 AWD 4dr Auto GS
MSRP: $31,245.00
Invoice: $29,115.00

I bought a 2016 GT couple of weeks ago and managed to get invoice + 1.5%.
Be firm with what you offer and be prepared to walk.

2016 Mazda CX-5 AWD 4dr Auto GS
MSRP: $31,245.00
Invoice: $29,115.00

I bought a 2016 GT couple of weeks ago and managed to get invoice + 1.5%.
Be firm with what you offer and be prepared to walk.

Knowing the invoice amount is often not enough to get a good price because manufacturer's offer dealers kickbacks. I know you could buy a Volvo for the invoice price because the dealer was happy making the $2000 the manufacturer kicked back when the customer reported a positive purchase experience to Volvo.

I just picked up my 2016 CX-5 AWD. GT with Technology package for $36,015 CAD before taxes, from a suburban dealership outside of Edmonton. I think this is about $3,000 CAD below MSRP. The price included a block heater and cargo cover.

never found the dealer mark up but i just got a good deal with a 2016 cx5. $35000.00 out the door 0% pearl white cx5 gs AWD with auto start and winter tires. sounds good right?

Latest posts

Back