Dead Pedal Fix

DeadPedal.jpg

Here's my dead pedal solution. A $2.50 vinyl mat from Canadian tire and some 3" self stick velcro from a local fabric store. The velcro sticks to the carpet easily and the rubber will protect the carpet.

Thanks for the idea guys!

unfortunately our home depot doesn't have stair treads, and lowes doesn't have one as nice as that, just some thin flimsy junk...

unfortunately our home depot doesn't have stair treads, and lowes doesn't have one as nice as that, just some thin flimsy junk...

Same here neither the Home Depot or Lowes had those by me, damn they're perfect too.

Some cool ideas. I'll have to go to our local Lowe's/Home Depot, and see what they have. I was wondering why we use floor mats any ways. Why not just take them out, set them aside, and re-install when it is time to sell/trade in the vehicle. They take up room which could be better utilized by my feet, size 15 that they are. Sure the carpets would wear a bit, but then they would be covered by nice, pristine mats. Any thoughts?

Some cool ideas. I'll have to go to our local Lowe's/Home Depot, and see what they have. I was wondering why we use floor mats any ways. Why not just take them out, set them aside, and re-install when it is time to sell/trade in the vehicle. They take up room which could be better utilized by my feet, size 15 that they are. Sure the carpets would wear a bit, but then they would be covered by nice, pristine mats. Any thoughts?

Well if you have young kids you wouldn't ask these kinds of questions. The mats are easily removable, cleaned and replaced. It's much harder and expensive to replace the entire carpet when the kids spill (for example, rancid old apple juice all over the car.) Some missed the floor mats, but enough was captured that it wasn't a total disaster. Now if they hadn't gotten the headliner as well...

Don't worry it wasn't the CX-5 (all kids food is banned from that vehicle) but it did happen in my wife's Honda Civic. We just live with the stains on the headliner.

I'm keeping the carpeted mats for my CX-5 for precisely that reason. If I go to sell, they'll go in the car and make it look pristine clean (while the old rubber mats languish somewhere else)

Back