Dash Kits

Dalton

:
Mazda RX8 and CX7
Anybody have them? Woodgrain - aluminum?

wd829_lg.jpg

What do you think about this one? (uhm)

Something like, Rosewood or Cherry Rosewood would look nice, Along with Charcoal cherry, The lighter Honey Burl doesn't look bad now that I look at It more, But It still looks a bit busy and I would have to see it in person.

CX-7's=LOVE said:
Something like, Rosewood or Cherry Rosewood would look nice, Along with Charcoal cherry, The lighter Honey Burl doesn't look bad now that I look at It more, But It still looks a bit busy and I would have to see it in person.

Went with the Charcoal cherry (Does your avatar show the same color?) - I hope my Cx-9 with Black Cherry Mica color outside and sand interior with Charcoal cherry Rosewood dash will look nice (yes)

Will post pics when done...

Last edited:
For those of us that have the GT with "wood pattern" trim instead of gloss black, which would be the closest match? The Cherry Rosewood?

l-miwa said:
For those of us that have the GT with "wood pattern" trim instead of gloss black, which would be the closest match? The Cherry Rosewood?

I have GT trim with wood but I think one would want some contrast - because the perfect match would be too hard to get.

l-miwa said:
Yeah I don't think there is a good(perfect) match for the CX-9's wood trim. It's not really a simulation of any certain type of wood type.

Maybe some of it in aluminum, like my 300c had, but all of it looks like something a kid in a civic would have. And all that fake looking wood in the first pic looks like an 89 Cadillac.

Here are the pics...

DSC01894.JPG DSC01896.JPG DSC01898.JPG

I do like it (yes)

Here's the complete list of pieces...

2021.gif

Left out the Shifter piece (no 15)

Last edited:
I am the opposite, I HATE the wood and am trying to figure out a way to cover it with BLACK.

You should be able to just buy the black parts from Mazda, pop off the wood ones, and replace them with the black ones.

Or maybe you could find someone on this forum that has the black ones, wants the wood version, and you could work out a swap!

You should be able to just buy the black parts from Mazda, pop off the wood ones, and replace them with the black ones.

Or maybe you could find someone on this forum that has the black ones, wants the wood version, and you could work out a swap!

I think only the UPPER center console pieces come off, and that the door panel pieces don't. If anyone knows and is interested in trading wood FOR black, PM me.

Latest posts

Back