Dash cam suggestions

Hello all, Ive been watching YouTube and reading reviews all day and now im looking for real world recommendations on dash cams.
I want one with a front and back camera for sure thats hard wired. I would like one that has the ability to see inside the cabin area when needed but its not a deal breaker if i cant find one. Ive found a few 3 ch ones that can do it but not many reviews on them. I dont have wifi in my car but can turn on my phones hotspot for viewing if needed. My windows are tinted. The back is pretty dark and the front has a ceramic clear tint. Anyway thanks for any suggestions anyone has.

Rexing. see amazon for pricing.
I have them (front and rear ) hard wired and have used them for 3 years in my MAZDA.
I do not have an interior option currently in my Mazda.
I do use one in my RACE MINI.
my windows are al 2 % (limo or darkest without going opaque) except the drivers and passenger which is lighter. Sorry I forgot the %.
The rear camera does work through the tint not as clear however you can still see license plate number clearly and also all the important GPS data.
The rear location has now rear view mirror obstructions and he front only slightly but I am now blind to it being their. If you get my meaning.
I have wired it into my custom security system so if a bump of the car or worse the cameras start recording and also send my notification which I can go live viewing or save as a vid file.

Rexing does have some less then perfect qualities but I tried and tested several available and the REXING worked the best over all.

Last edited:
I believe Thinkware and Blackvue have options that satisfy your requirements. I personally have a Viofo A129 Duo setup, which is a forward-facing camera paired with a separate rear-facing camera that I mounted to the rear windshield. I've been using this setup for about 3 years now, works great for me. I went with this one for price, form factor, and being able to review footage right from the LCD screen (or through my phone if I set it up as a hotspot). The Rexing option mentioned above sounds appealing as well, but I haven't looked into any recent dashcam systems lately.

Something you could do if you wanted to do a bit more research is head over to Google and type something like "rexing dual dash cam vs" in the search bar and see what comes up in the auto-complete field. It shows you what other people may also be searching, and can give you some leads on other brands/models with similar feature sets to try.

Example:
Annotation 2022-07-20 074222.png

I do this with a lot of stuff when I'm in the early stages of research. In your case, maybe try "thinkware u1000 vs". Sometimes you'll even get hits from YouTube with uploaders showing split screen comparisons like this one:

If you’re a Reddit user, r/Dashcams is a great place. They have a stickied post going over the recommendations for different price ranges. The A129 Duo that @sm1ke mentioned is the best budget dual channel according to the ~57k members

I'll check it out. Ive been looking at that and the Thinkware U1000. I just wish they had the option to record the cabin area.

Normally I don't web drop, but it seems to be accepted regularly on this forum so here is actually the best forum regarding Dash Cam information.
They do seem to like Viofo over Rexing but only because more members own them then Rexing?
I do belong and participate on that forum. :)

Back