CX-90 Driver Personalization System

Zoom2

2018 MX-5 RF + 2024 CX-90 PHEV GT
Based on a couple of YouTube videos that I have seen, and Mazda Canada's CX-90 Build Yours webpage, only the specs for Inline 6 Turbo Signature has Driver Personalization System. I don't see that feature for PHEV GT Trim which is the most expensive trim in the entire lineup. I'll be darn as I have settled on the PHEV GT trim. Not that it would've affected my decision as I am all in for PHEV and waiting for delivery. Interestingly the owners manual for PHEV does include Driver Personalization System, though it says "some models". I definitely would be disappointed not getting it, unless somebody has seen this feature for PHEV GT.

Don't ask the salesman. He knows as much as anyone here who can research on the internet :LOL:

Not available for the Phev, only the top trim signature inline 6 get this feature. The driver personalization works with the power steering which is only available on signature trim.

Not available for the Phev, only the top trim signature inline 6 get this feature. The driver personalization works with the power steering which is only available on signature trim.
Bummer! That's what I thought also. The Inline 6 Signature is actually priced less than the top trim PHEV GT. I understand and OK with paying a higher price for PHEV. But this feature is just software and the cameras. OK and the power telescopic steering adjustment. I would have thought Mazda would make it available for both mild hybrid and PHEV top trims. Could've made it an option. What a shame ... :(

It will likely become an option or a standard offering in future MYs of the CX-90. Mazda tends to do that, I think.

There is no Signature trim in the CX90 (at least in the US). Premium Plus is the highest. The driver personalization feature is in the Premium and Premium Plus trims with the 3.3L Turbo S engine

Mazda in Canada kept the old CX-9 naming convention of GS, GS-L, GT (also added GT-P for the high output engine) and Signature. A lot less confusing than the US model trims honestly.

Based on a couple of YouTube videos that I have seen, and Mazda Canada's CX-90 Build Yours webpage, only the specs for Inline 6 Turbo Signature has Driver Personalization System. I don't see that feature for PHEV GT Trim which is the most expensive trim in the entire lineup. I'll be darn as I have settled on the PHEV GT trim. Not that it would've affected my decision as I am all in for PHEV and waiting for delivery. Interestingly the owners manual for PHEV does include Driver Personalization System, though it says "some models". I definitely would be disappointed not getting it, unless somebody has seen this feature for PHEV GT.

Don't ask the salesman. He knows as much as anyone here who can research on the internet :LOL:
My dealer told me yesterday, that Mazda may discontinue PHEV cx90 as nobody is buying due to about 4 to 5k more than petrol model.

My dealer told me yesterday, that Mazda may discontinue PHEV cx90 as nobody is buying due to about 4 to 5k more than petrol model.
I seriously doubt it, at least at this point. They're just delivering PHEV. I'm still waiting for mine, ETA around end of June. I can't see Mazda making this decision based on sales (or lack of) just after an initial launch. PHEV GT is indeed the most expensive trim in the entire Mazda Canada line up. I'm fine with paying more but I realize others may not think it's worth it or want to take the risk.

My dealer told me I could have the Signature trim now as they have one available. It's awesome and I was tempted. But at the end of the day, based on my driving needs (short local trips most of the time), PHEV makes a lot more sense, even though it costs more than the Signature trim and has a few less features. In Canada, PHEV qualifies for CAD$2500 federal rebate which brings the cost down a little. Had it make 50 km range, it would have qualify for CAD$5000 federal rebate.

Last edited:
Depending were you live you can have a provincial rebate on top of the federal rebate. It is worth looking into. I think in Quebec the provincial rebate is an additional 5000$, for a total of 7500$.

Depending were you live you can have a provincial rebate on top of the federal rebate. It is worth looking into. I think in Quebec the provincial rebate is an additional 5000$, for a total of 7500$.
Yeah unfortunately the current Ontario government killed the EV rebate so it’s just federal rebate in Ontario.

My dealer told me I could have the Signature trim now as they have one available. It's awesome and I was tempted. But at the end of the day, based on my driving needs (short local trips most of the time), PHEV makes a lot more sense, even though it costs more than the Signature trim and has a few less features. In Canada, PHEV qualifies for CAD$2500 federal rebate which brings the cost down a little. Had it make 50 km range, it would have qualify for CAD$5000 federal rebate.
That's why, I have noticed a lot of Tim Horton vehicles are registered in Alberta to take advantage of lower taxes and fees

That may be country specific or state specific, but they are selling like hot cakes on the East Coast according to reports I have sen. My dealer sells every PHEV as they come in and can't get enough in stock. Now, Virginia is a very wealthy state and lots of money here so expensive cars are the norm. EVs and PHEVS are very popular here. Probably west coast as well.

Back