2016~2023 CX-9 Windshield replacement

:
Winnipeg Canada
:
2017 CX-9 GT
My Windshield appears to have seen a lot of highway miles from the previous owner, there's plenty of little and not so little divots out of it. My insurance should cover the cost but my concern now is where should I do it? My 2017 GT doesn't have the tech package, so no lane assist, but it still has sensor(s) on the windshield, presumably the rain detection, day light and temp sensors? Well, whatever is on there, I'm wondering if it's safe to take it to any old glass shop or should I stick with a Mazda dealership. Not sure if anything needs calibration or what's involved with all that. Thoughts?

Reputable glass shop can calibrate sensors now. You just have to make sure that they can and will before you get them to do the work. Worst case you can also get them to do the work and then get the dealer to do the calibration immediately after. Not doing the calibration is dangerous if you have driver assistance systems (like emergency braking systems) but in your case there might not be any calibration requirements.

Your insurer should have a list of qualified shops. Does the dealer actually do the glass, or do they farm it out to a glass shop?

Some good responses, thanks. Yes, the point about the dealer farming it out to a glass shop is a good point. I suppose a dealer wouldn't do a lot of windshield replacements while a glass shop would do it constantly. So might as well stick with the ones who have the experience.

Back