CX-9 Accessories

Hi All,

Just got my CX-9 last week. Mica Black, Touring model with roof rack ($200 option) already installed by dealer. The roof rack came with the rails only, no cross bars. My dealer can't seem to find them in his CX-9 acc. parts list. Anyone know if these are a package deal or where I could find the bars?

Thanks!

o-man

omegamanha said:
Hi All,

Just got my CX-9 last week. Mica Black, Touring model with roof rack ($200 option) already installed by dealer. The roof rack came with the rails only, no cross bars. My dealer can't seem to find them in his CX-9 acc. parts list. Anyone know if these are a package deal or where I could find the bars?

Thanks!

o-man

Post some pics of the car and rack too

please

Most dealers have no idea on where to get the accessories yet. I have checked dealers in IL, and IA.

sbmrinaldi said:
Most dealers have no idea on where to get the accessories yet. I have checked dealers in IL, and IA.

I ordered the roof rack for my 3 week old CX-9 and the parts guy said Mazda had to re-engineer the cross bars because it would not carry the rated capacity. So it looks like we'll have to wait another month or so before they come out with the re-engineered cross bars. The all-weather mats will also not be available for at least 6 - 8 weeks. Talk about poor planning or marketing. Honda accessories are available before the car comes out as it was on the Odyssey and Pilot models. A lot of sales loss potential because owners want to add the accessories at time of sale. I'll just lose interest on the other accesssories that I wanted. The hitch is another item that should be an accessory that can be added but apparently you have to find them already installed. Oh well, its the wife's car anyway.(shrug)

The dealer told me if we ordered the car we could get the all weather mats and the other accessories, but as you stated if you buy off the lot they are not available for at least a month or later.

I wouldn't get the OEM crossbars anyway. If you plan on using the rack and buying a bike or similar setup, go with Yakima or Thule. They are typically cheaper, have more options and very easy to sell if you ever trade or sell the vehicle down the line.

my dealer said the same thing about the crossbars needing redesign.

I did get my mud flaps and put them on myself. Very easy and they look good

tstormy said:
my dealer said the same thing about the crossbars needing redesign.

I did get my mud flaps and put them on myself. Very easy and they look good

Hi tstormy--Where'd you get your mud flaps? Also, care to post some pics?

omegamanha said:
Hi tstormy--Where'd you get your mud flaps? Also, care to post some pics?

pics will have to wait till monday, wife is on a road trip.

Ordered them from the dealer, took a couple of weeks to get here.

Just got my mudflaps today and got them installed tonight. Look nice and will hopefully add some protection. Paid $100 at the dealer for the set of 4 and a simple install.

Rear Finisher

sbmrinaldi said:

Have any of you have clue about this Rear Finisher <- see here

They have a picture posted there but i cannot spot any differences to the stock model (shrug)
- there supposed to be something body colored attached to that rear - but what :confused:

Back