CX-5 Accessory must haves?

Any thoughts on splash guards? On our Outback with the black wheel arch moldings they fit right in, but on our (possible) CX-5 Signature in Eternal Blue I think they might not look so great. And are they really necessary anyway?
I normally have put mud guards on every vehicle I have owned but decided not to on my CX5 turbo unless I needed them and I have now put on about 20,000 miles in the last 14 months and been thru 2 montana winters and many wet and slushy roads and glad I did not put them on as they have not been needed.

They are functionally useful in keeping your car cleaner with the OEM wheel fitment. Even more useful if you plan to use aftermarket wheels with a wider, more aggressive stance, though at that point you'll probably want bigger, aftermarket splash guards.

I also appreciate driving behind cars that have splash guards in the rain, minimizes "spray" and improves visibility. I'll probably have them on every car I own going forward. But, they are not a "must-have" IMO.

They are functionally useful in keeping your car cleaner with the OEM wheel fitment. Even more useful if you plan to use aftermarket wheels with a wider, more aggressive stance, though at that point you'll probably want bigger, aftermarket splash guards.

I also appreciate driving behind cars that have splash guards in the rain, minimizes "spray" and improves visibility. I'll probably have them on every car I own going forward. But, they are not a "must-have" IMO.
I initially would have agreed with that statement but after traveling with my wife's sister and husband who has a near clone of our car (mine is rhodium white and his is the snow flake white from the previous year) with oem mud flaps through Sedona recently during lots of rain and snow conditions. Both cars had the identical amount of crud on the sides, which was not much, OEM tires tuck pretty good I guess.

Just bought my 2017 CX-5 GS, and I didn't get any accessories. I do plan on buying genuine Mazda accessories soon.

My list to get includes

Floor Liners
Cargo Tray
Rear bumper pad

I'm thinking of getting the aluminum accelerator and brake pedal covers. Not the deal pedal, because I do believe the floor liners cover the dead pedal. Correct me if I am wrong!

Is there anything else you think is a "Must-have" for the '17 CX-5?
I want the cargo tray as well

Back