Custom Shift Boot for Stock/Kartboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I just placed an order for one but I need one for a cartboy short shifter. I'm gonna email you with my information. Just giving you a heads up.

Very interested - the only thing is that I'd like to see maybe 3 more pics - say, one from the side, showing the "profile" of the boot, a closer, more clear shot of the "mazdaspeed" logo you've got on there, and a third shot of your choice, just to give it another angle.

I like the texture on the material too - it almost looks like it matches the texture on the dashboard of the car!

Alex

Quik89Si said:
Very interested - the only thing is that I'd like to see maybe 3 more pics - say, one from the side, showing the "profile" of the boot, a closer, more clear shot of the "mazdaspeed" logo you've got on there, and a third shot of your choice, just to give it another angle.

I like the texture on the material too - it almost looks like it matches the texture on the dashboard of the car!

Alex

I'll see what I can do for you.

I now have blue, grey, and yellow thread to offer as well. The yellow is a very good color match to the 03.5, but as with all the thread I use, it is a lighter weight. I guess to me it is more important to have the color right as opposed to the weight. The grey is a very good match to the cup holder trim. The blue I have is a very nice rich shade, it's also the color that my wife wants in her car, so that explains that.

I will be making boots this weekend and I'll do some samples so you can all see a little better what it looks like. I will also have time to get some more detailed pictures of the boots, as requested.

any chance you can get a pic of the blue, if it is somewhat close i will buy one tomorrow!!
rob

I'm pulling blue thread as an option. It looks bad and I wouldn't be happy with it in my car, so none of you are getting it from me. Not to mention, there hasn't been much interest in it anyways.

Hopefully, after I finish the paper I have to do, I will be able to post some pics of what the different options look like.

here are those pics. sorry it took so long. oh, and i know the boot was pulled down. i have been too lazy to add the extra washer.

Attachments

• shift knob 001.jpg
    shift knob 001.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 195
  • shift knob 002.jpg
    shift knob 002.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 204
  • shift knob 004.jpg
    shift knob 004.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 155
  • shift knob 005.jpg
    shift knob 005.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 211
  • shift knob 006.jpg
    shift knob 006.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 168
spicyzoomzoom said:
here are those pics. sorry it took so long. oh, and i know the boot was pulled down. i have been too lazy to add the extra washer.

Thanks for posting those for me. Man, that thing is short!

I hate the way my boot sags down inwards with the kartboy shifter :(

I want that one! How long do you plan on making these?

Delivery_Guy said:
Thanks for posting those for me. Man, that thing is short!

That is REALLY short! No joke!

On the stock shifter, is there any canyon effect at all, or mostly just upward folding? I notice that with the Kartboy shifter, there's still a bit of canyon effect, though it is 2000% better than stock.

Alex

DSM2MSP said:
I hate the way my boot sags down inwards with the kartboy shifter :(

I want that one! How long do you plan on making these?

I'm sure I'll be making them long enough for you to get one...although, they are taking way longer than I thought they would. Did I tell you the grey looks great! If I get done making boots tonight before it gets too late, I'll try an d post a pic of the three different stitch colors.

Quik89Si said:
That is REALLY short! No joke!

On the stock shifter, is there any canyon effect at all, or mostly just upward folding? I notice that with the Kartboy shifter, there's still a bit of canyon effect, though it is 2000% better than stock.

Alex

The thing is, you have to have the boot long enough so it doesn't pull when you shift it into gear...which I didn't get right on the for try for SpicyZoomZoom. So, with the knob that low, and needing 3.25" +/- to make it into 1st and R, you end up with what you end up with. If you know what I mean. The same thing basically applies for the stocker. The image in the first post is of my boot on the stock shifter. You can see the ridge line from the knob back towards first. So, when you have it in neutral, there is a slight canyon, less than the kartboy by a little. I have noticed that it cleans itself out fairly well though, as I don't have any junk that stays there.

Just recieved boot today, I am very pleased with the quality of his work. Excellent job and great price. Plus delivery only took like 5 days that includes his time in actually making it. Excellent product and excellent service!

Speedplease said:
Just recieved boot today, I am very pleased with the quality of his work. Excellent job and great price. Plus delivery only took like 5 days that includes his time in actually making it. Excellent product and excellent service!

Thanks! It helps when you order towards the end of the week for those fast ship times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back