Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2" Item # C13315 FITMENT

:
Mazda CX-5 Signature
OK gents, I recently bought a 2019 Signature and installed this hitch. (Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2"
Item # C13315. Everything went well and looked good. That is until I put the carrier on a week later. I'm 72 years old and have had a lot of hitch and towing so I am no rookie. Problem is the hitch cants towards the ground. Not a big deal until I put the carrier on and there is no ground clearance at the rear of the carrier. Tried calling Curt and was told by some elderly sounding lady to take it off and send it back and they would send me a new one. That is a major pain in the butt. Anyone have this hitch and any idea how I can get it straightened out. Thanks

OK gents, I recently bought a 2019 Signature and installed this hitch. (Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2"
Item # C13315. Everything went well and looked good. That is until I put the carrier on a week later. I'm 72 years old and have had a lot of hitch and towing so I am no rookie. Problem is the hitch cants towards the ground. Not a big deal until I put the carrier on and there is no ground clearance at the rear of the carrier. Tried calling Curt and was told by some elderly sounding lady to take it off and send it back and they would send me a new one. That is a major pain in the butt. Anyone have this hitch and any idea how I can get it straightened out. Thanks

BFH? Hey, if you are 72 that lady must be 100! (outie)

Are you sure it's not the carrier bending? Is the suspension sagging?
Maybe the hitch portion was not welded on at a 90* angle (shrug).

A picture might give a better idea

Either it is installed wrong, or the receiver tube is welded on at an angle. Pictures would help.

I have the Drawtite and it works fine. No one else has mentioned problems with the Curt.

Well let' say it's installed properly, up tight to the frame, it has a downward cant without a load. Suspension not sagging as there is no load, and my guess is not welded properly to 90 degree. What I am looking for is a way to fix it without removing, shipping back and reinstalling a new one. My gut tells me that is what I am going to have to do but not looking forward to it. How the hell do you get those bolts out that has to be fished in with the wire / springs provided with hitch. Thanks for the replies guys BUT I am not happy with Curt. Seems to me that welding correctly would be important.

No need to remove the hitch bolts. Pull the hitch and re-attach the conical washers and nuts. Use the existing bolts for the new hitch. If you are nervous about re-attaching the new hitch, just wrap some wire around the bolt threads and leave a good amount hanging just in case you push a bolt up.

Back