CorkSport CX-5 Turbo Inlet Pipe

2019 CX5 Turbo.

Very interested in installing the Corksport Turbo Inlet Pipe. However, I need a way to easily swap between OE airbox and CS SRI.

Any recommendations for a tube that would fit both the CS TIP and the OE airbox?

Does anyone foresee any issues if one were able to run a CS TIP with the OE airbox?

TIA, Happy Holidays

Last edited:
I just ordered mine, hope it comes soon. I would imagine you would simply make an eccentric adapter to allow for the two different diameters. I will be able to see what's involved better when it arrives and can see more detail.

At the least, you would need custom silicone to connect them. We can't confirm if it will cause any issues.

I just ordered mine, hope it comes soon. I would imagine you would simply make an eccentric adapter to allow for the two different diameters. I will be able to see what's involved better when it arrives and can see more detail.
Thanks! Please keep us posted!

2019 Cx-5 Turbo:

Can confirm, the factory airbox and CS TIP are compatible!

Additional items needed:
- 1x joiner pipe with 2.5" OD, 3" length.
- 1x silicone coupler 2.5" ID to 3.5" ID, 4" length
- 1x t bolt hose clamp for 2.5" hose
- 1x t bolt hose clamp for 3.5" hose (used the corksport t bolt clamp provided by the CS TIP kit)

I test drove for about 10 miles: the Ultragauge Long and Short Fuel Trims were normal, Intake Air Temperature was as expected and remained cooler than SRI, and no CELs. Subjectively, the Cx-5 was driving great!

Other information learned:
- the factory airbox requires a 3.25" silicone hose
- the CS TIP requires a 3.5" silicone hose

Attachments

• IMG_3089.jpeg
    IMG_3089.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3091.jpeg
    IMG_3091.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3090.jpeg
    IMG_3090.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3092.png
    IMG_3092.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3093.png
    IMG_3093.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3094.png
    IMG_3094.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3096.png
    IMG_3096.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
when connecting the OEM airbox to the CS TIP, instead of the OEM 90 degree 3"-2.5" accordion connected to the 2.5"-3.5" silicone, could you have just used a single 90 degree 3"-3.5" silicone between the airbox outlet and CS TIP inlet, w/appropriate clamps? i feel it would be much more clean and streamlined if this were possible.

i'm contemplating getting this with the stock airbox, if i can clean it up a bit

when connecting the OEM airbox to the CS TIP, instead of the OEM 90 degree 3"-2.5" accordion connected to the 2.5"-3.5" silicone, could you have just used a single 90 degree 3"-3.5" silicone between the airbox outlet and CS TIP inlet, w/appropriate clamps? i feel it would be much more clean and streamlined if this were possible.

i'm contemplating getting this with the stock airbox, if i can clean it up a bit
I experimented with so many 90 degree elbow joints but they were all too short. And with joiners and silicone adapters it would be too long.

The benefit of the OEM hose is that it is way more flexible then the ply'd silicone hoses I tried.

For reference, this is my attempt at using the CS TIP hose to connect the CS TIP to the OE airbox. Not alot of wiggle room nor flexibility of the hose. Also, there is a step in the TIP end of the hose that limits how far you can push the hose up the TIP.

If you are able to find a more streamlined solution please share!

Attachments

• IMG_2888.jpeg
    IMG_2888.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
darn...from the pic, it looks like you could cut off from the TIP end of the silicone hose by the same amount it is beyond the airbox outlet and get it to fit? i know it's not always as easy as it seems, though.

darn...from the pic, it looks like you could cut off from the TIP end of the silicone hose by the same amount it is beyond the airbox outlet and get it to fit? i know it's not always as easy as it seems, though.
Unfortunately no because there's a step in the inside surface of the TIP end of the hose that 1) immediately decreases the hose's diameter and 2) stops the TIP from being pushed into the hose further

Last edited:
i'll think about it. i was thinking maybe something like this
I’ve tried with something like that but it was too long - however, looking back it may work if you trim/shorten it, which I honestly did not think to do.

Just a reminder, the OE airbox needs a 3.25” ID hose end and the needs a CS TIP a 3.5” ID hose end.

If it works please let us know!

I’ve tried with something like that but it was too long - however, looking back it may work if you trim/shorten it, which I honestly did not think to do.

Just a reminder, the OE airbox needs a 3.25” ID hose end and the needs a CS TIP a 3.5” ID hose end.

If it works please let us know!
will do, if i do🙂

After studying your photos closely, compared to the OEM TIP, it seems the CS TIP inlet is elevated a bit higher. it is difficult to find or create 90 degree bend with elevation change that go from 3.25" to 3.5". idk...5h!t

maybe a 3.25" 90deg mated to a 3.5" 45deg

Last edited:
Just some photos to compare:

2019 Cx5 Turbo signature

Attachments

• IMG_2897.jpeg
    IMG_2897.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 72F151A1-1D55-4AE3-900D-D02218F3C51E.jpeg
    72F151A1-1D55-4AE3-900D-D02218F3C51E.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3089.jpeg
    IMG_3089.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 72
Just some photos to compare:

2019 Cx5 Turbo signature
Thanx.

I want to replace the oem accordian with a 3.25" 90 deg. mated to a 3.5" 45 deg. OR a 3.25-3.5(90) butted up to a 3.5(45).

It'd be best if I got the CSTIP 1st, but im not willing to buy it without certain resolution.

i'm a bit discouraged and not motivated to spend more time on it. i'm not getting the SRI so i'll prolly just leave it stock. thx, though

Back