Cingular, Sim card question

Shane5425

Contributor
:
2011 Mustang GT
ok, so i know the sim card stores ur network info/numbers/key to network, my question is this, my phone got damaged during the past hurricane, didnt have insurance.. :( , they wont replace it..

so can i get a new cell phone , without them knowing and put the sim card in it and use the newer phone , or will the sim card work only with my model phone?? i have 14 months left on my contract with cingular, so i need to know this or i have to fork out 50+ to fix my phone..

You should be able to buy any cell phone off of ebay that works with the cingular sim and just throw it in...

My friend and I have different providers (cingular and Tmobile), but the same phone really... the v400 for cingular, and the Vsomething for Tmobile... same phone just different covers and such for the providers. Anyways, we were bored in class one day and switched out our sim cards and used each others phones for the day, and it worked fine. So ya, I'm guessing just buy another phone and throw your sim in.

You should be allright, as long as the phone you get is allready on their network, or you get an unlocked one. I swtched mine a few months back without them knowing, and all I had to do was re enter some of the numbers.

make sure you get a phone that is unlocked. PM me if you want any new cell phone models! =p

ok, any info on a cingular sim card phone that is around 150 to 230 dollars would be great, but i am liking that phone, i would play with it to much though...

Back