2017~2024 Chrome Haters, Beware :)

:
2018, Mazda, CX-5, Snowflake Pearl, Grand Touring
Finally received all of the chromed parts for my outside rear view mirrors and installed them today.

IMHO, well worth the wait. But then, I love chrome.

For those of you who prefer a brushed finish, these can be lightly sanded with a very fine grit, wet paper.

I prefer the highly polished look.

OeIrrZD.jpg

lrrmpSV.jpg

Does it come as a top and bottom (of the led strip) set or can you just get the bottom part chrome? I assume these are 3m applied?

Looks good. :)

These are purchased separately from different vendors. You can buy either the top, bottom or both.

The lower piece came with a double sided tape that was not 3M so I removed it and put on my own 3M tape.

I'm not a fan of chrome but I do love black chrome look. I got the bottom piece for the mirror and spray painted it with some smoked polycarbonate paint followed by lots of clear coat. I've thought about getting the mirror cap and doing the same thing but it's such a big area it might be hard to make it look even :/ I loved the black chrome look so much I got matching wheels too lol

Here's an old pic of how it came out, the mirror caps are back to white now :D

26015390017_4720c569f4_b.jpg

lowincash

Because the chrome mirror caps are not that expensive, why not get them and try spraying to see if they come out looking good.

The worst that can happen is that the one cap that you spray doesn't suit you so you remove the paint and sell the mirrors at a discounted price.

At least you will have tried. :)

Last edited:
lowincash

Because the chrome mirror caps are not that expensive, why not get them and try spraying to see if they come out looking good.

The worst that can happen is that the one cap that you spray doesn't suit you so you remove the paint and sell the mirrors at a discounted price.

At least you will have tried. :)

Yeah you know what I'm going to give it a shot :D Do you have a photo a bit farther away to get a better idea of how the chrome looks on the car?

Yeah you know what I'm going to give it a shot :D Do you have a photo a bit farther away to get a better idea of how the chrome looks on the car?

The sun is soooo bright today that it washes out a lot of details. Of course, I don't have a filter on my cell phone camera.

Here's the best I can do for now.

D3XomyY.jpg

aSuuHUN.jpg

0kszUP7.jpg

Looks alright but not for me. I do like chrome pieces here and there in certain areas. Not a hater. Love white and the pinstripe!

Back