CEL P2178 and P2187! Help!

etimburger

:
03 Mazda Protege5
I recently made a trip from Colorado springs CO to Phoenix AZ. I had no problems on the drive there, but after I went out to eat with my family and turned my MS6 on it through a CEL. I went to Autozone and had it check. It read that both codes, P2178(fuel system too rich at off idle-right bank) and P2187(fuel system too lean at idle-right bank). I believe their equipment read the codes in that order. My buddy said it may just be the elevation change(CO-6008ft to AZ-1110ft), is he right? Also I had my brother in law look at it and he didn't see anything wrong with it but mentioned that the purger was sucking in air a little bit and he didn't know if that was normal being that it releases pressure. Can any of this be the reason why it through both codes or is there something else wrong with it? The car has been running fine since the CEL and I had to drive it back to CO and it did fine as well. The CEL is Still on and I am thinking about going to Autozone to have it removed and see if I comes up again. Anything will be helpful....

Back