CD Title, album, artist not showing!

DSARNO

I just bought a 2007 CX9 with navigation. I am having trouble with the display of the cd's. I insert store bought cd's into the 6 disc changer. The nav screen is supposed to state the artist name, song name and album name. My screen displays dashes and nothing else.

EXAMPLE
ARTIST: -----------
ALBUM:------------
TITLE:-------------

This is with every cd i have bought. These are not burnt cd's, these are store bought, licensed cds. I placed a cd in my car and i see what is showin above, no artist, album or title name. But when i place it into my computer, i get the artist name album art along with album name song name and all the rest of the stuff that SHOULD be displayed with my navigation system.

My dealer says that the cd's need to say 'blueray' on the back, but i was told 'blueray' was only for DVD/video and doesn matter with audio cd. My dealer explaind to me that "this is how it is, and theres nothing we can do." i dont think Mazda would design a car of this class, and make it have a unreadable cd player.

Please help.
Debbie

The CDs need to be mastered/burned with CD-TEXT. When you put them in your computer, whatever software you are using (Windows Media Player/Winamp/Whatever) is probably looking up the information from an online CD Database.

Burn a CD with a couple tracks, enable CD-TEXT in your burning software and throw it in the CX-9 and see if it works.

DSARNO said:
This is with every cd i have bought. These are not burnt cd's, these are store bought, licensed cds.

I have heard of this problem with many pirated cds and illegal downloads. Are you sure you bought these legit?

Try what the guy above said though, it might work.

Not all CD's have text 'burned' on them- I am talking about purchased CD's. I've got Nav and only a few of my CD's display the CD info. Same goes w/ my Pioneer aftermarket units in my other cars. This is not a deficiency or a conspiracy on the part of Mazda- it's just the way it is.

StarvingRussian said:
I have heard of this problem with many pirated cds and illegal downloads. Are you sure you bought these legit?

Try what the guy above said though, it might work.

I purchased all my current CD'S from Target and Wal-Mart so I'm sure they are legit. I'll try the above mentioned and let you know.

Another problem I'm having with my CX-9, maybe someone can help with this too.
I am being told that I cannot have satellite radio with my navigation system yet there is as button for satellite radio on the panel. What's up with this?

DSARNO said:
I just bought a 2007 CX9 with navigation. I am having trouble with the display of the cd's. I insert store bought cd's into the 6 disc changer. The nav screen is supposed to state the artist name, song name and album name. My screen displays dashes and nothing else.

EXAMPLE

This is with every cd i have bought. These are not burnt cd's, these are store bought, licensed cds. I placed a cd in my car and i see what is showin above, no artist, album or title name. But when i place it into my computer, i get the artist name album art along with album name song name and all the rest of the stuff that SHOULD be displayed with my navigation system.

My dealer says that the cd's need to say 'blueray' on the back, but i was told 'blueray' was only for DVD/video and doesn matter with audio cd. My dealer explaind to me that "this is how it is, and theres nothing we can do." i dont think Mazda would design a car of this class, and make it have a unreadable cd player.

Please help.
Debbie

Your dealer is wrong - this has nothing to do with the Blu-Ray Disc format which is one of two competing standards for HD DVD content. The CDs you are using most likely do not support the CD-TEXT format - surprisingly few CD's do. When you use the discs on your computer the track names are being pulled off the internet from a service like Gracenote/CDDB applications like iTunes do this automatically when a CD is inserted. I would try what bioMed07 suggested and burn a CD with CD-TEXT enabled then try it in your CX to verify that there is nothing wrong with the audio system.

DSARNO said:

EXAMPLE

Please help.
Debbie

Hi,
Have you gotten an answer to this? Casue I have the same issue and all my cds are legit.

daghef_cx9 said:
Hi,
Have you gotten an answer to this? Casue I have the same issue and all my cds are legit.

I never play original CDs in my car, just copies. If you are already in the process of copying your original CDs, its just one additional step to add the text to your copy. The attached document is a step by step instruction of adding the text to your CDs.
View attachment Nero 5 CDText.zip
And here is an example of the text screen:
DSC_0007.jpg

Back