Buying my first Mazda (2023 CX-9). Looking for the Forum's collective wisdom!

Welcome Brennor to the family! I looked at both used and new. In Alberta at least, the 2019 CX-9’s have too many kilometres for too much money. I added a bit more and bought a new 2023 CX-9 GT at MSRP after shopping prices in Calgary and the Edmonton area. Calgary gave me too little for my trade in and wanted a lot over MSRP but found very good prices in the Edmonton area. I finally bought it at Sharewood Park, just east of Edmonton.
I bought new, one because the price was great. Second, for peace of mind, as I baby my cars. Especially when they are new. I am the one who broke-in the engine. And I’m the one controlling when and what type of oil goes into the engine. I believe it’s worth it if you have plans to keep it for many years.

Buying second hand could not make it much cheaper apart from paying a much higher interest. And second, you don’t know what the car went through. Some accidents are not even mentioned in the carfax. Carfax is far from perfect. I’m sure you know that.

All in all, try to see again of you can buy new. I believe it’s worth the extra money. All the best!

Last edited:
Back