brake rotor removal trick (mp3 only?)

kep0ne

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
so i was in the process of removing the rotors and replacing the pads today, and found myself in a dilemma. the rotors would not come off, no matter how much i pounded on it. i read here that you can insert a bolt in the hole between the lugs and that will pop the rotor right out, but i couldnt find the right fit anywhere in my collection of bolts. so i was looking around my trunk trying to see if i had anything there that would fit, and decided to try the bolt that was holding the subwoofer down...and it was a match!

anyway i was pretty happy about that, just thought i would share.

I went to garage to change my pads and rotors last week, they had hard time removing my rotors. they flame it and use the hammer to hit on the discs.....damn....my old rotors is like destroyed after they took it off....

SKY said:
I went to garage to change my pads and rotors last week, they had hard time removing my rotors. they flame it and use the hammer to hit on the discs.....damn....my old rotors is like destroyed after they took it off....

Is there something that can be done to make this easier?? I mean if Im gonna make this a DIY job can it be easily done? I'll be pissed if I get the tire off and the rotor needs heat and pounding. (flame) (deadhorse

PB Blaster works really well. I did the rotors on a Subaru that were rusted to the hub. Sprayed PB Blasted into the openings around the wheel studs, around the middle, and in the cool little screw hole, and let it site for a few minutes (1 beer). Then it just pulled right off.

are you replacing the rotor? if so u should try to kick it like wat people at sears do to the tires to get it off the studs. lol, its worth a try if nothing else works.

nice find, i luckily had a new set of rotors to take with me to the store to match up the threads. Using the bolt, mine popped right off.

PaulMP3 said:
nice find, i luckily had a new set of rotors to take with me to the store to match up the threads. Using the bolt, mine popped right off.

Dope ... so where is the hole?

I've had this problem on another car and after trying *every* other option, I took a BFH (12 pound sledge) and hit it from the back. Took two hits on one side and one on the other.

Back