Brake caliper guide pin boot torn (2018 CX-9)

Fawiek

:
2018 CX-9 GT
Hey guys.
I tried searching for this but nothing came up to this exact problem.

I ordered the z23 for my 2018 CX9 GT from rockauto. It came with new brake pad attachments and the guide pin boot (the rubber the both pins slide on, it's usually full of grease in a bottomless pit.
The upper pin boot is about 3/4 of an inch while the lower pin boot is about 3-3.5 inches long (front brakes). I accidently ripped my lower boot shoving the guide pin in... Any ideas on how to get the boot on without tearing? No videos on YouTube about this specific DIY on the mazda etc. Anyone try replacing this?

I didn't need to but as it came in the kit figured why not ...

Any help will be appreciated as always!

🙏

Fawiek,

The pin boots are quite flexible and takes quite some force to tear from handling. Maybe yours already had a tear which made it easy to damage?

There is usually a round indentation on the caliper where the boot sits firm. Just apply a little bit of brake grease on the round end of the boot and push / slide it in until it sits.

-N-

Fawiek,

The pin boots are quite flexible and takes quite some force to tear from handling. Maybe yours already had a tear which made it easy to damage?

There is usually a round indentation on the caliper where the boot sits firm. Just apply a little bit of brake grease on the round end of the boot and push / slide it in until it sits.

-N-
It's possible, I'll have to go back in to clean it and put in the new boots. Will try again, not sure if any rust particles may have helped. I think my Dremel should help clean the inside as well

Thanks 🙏

Back