Bluetooth Pandora Compatability

My phone isn't listed on the website as compatible with Pandora through bluetooth. This is a selling point for me. I have Pandora on my phone (Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2) so why wouldn't it work through the bluetooth pandora app? Any know if thats the case?

I presume you're referring to the integrated Pandora app on the 2014 models. I'm no expert on this and have struggled with using Pandora on my 2013 CX-5, but I think this means that your phone cannot make use of the touchscreen integrated app on the newer model (for what reason I'm not sure). That doesn't mean you won't be able to stream Pandora from your phone; it just means you won't have full use of the functionality of the integrated Pandora app. With my (relatively old) LG Olympus Slider I can advance the music with steering wheel controls while I'm streaming with bluetooth, but that's about it. And, because the bluetooth in the vehicle is so dodgy with my phone (reluctant to restart the connection when the engine is shut off and restarted) I usually just stream through the auxiliary port in which case I have no steering wheel control functionality other than volume. IMO, it's not a great system. You may get more knowledgeable responses by posting in the Audio & Electronics section.

Ok, thank you. It seems a lot of phones are not compatible with it...mine is simply not listed either way. I hope it does work

My phone isn't listed on the website as compatible with Pandora through bluetooth. This is a selling point for me. I have Pandora on my phone (Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2) so why wouldn't it work through the bluetooth pandora app? Any know if thats the case?

Where is the list of compatible phones? I have Samsung galaxy nexus and it works very well.

Likewise I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, and it works perfectly. Best part is that there are no commercials through Pandora when using the head unit, as far as I can tell. I streamed it for at least 2 hours the other day, without a single commercial break.

One oddity though - if trying to switch from Pandora to another Bluetooth music app, it will sometimes get confused and continue to play Pandora.

Likewise I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, and it works perfectly. Best part is that there are no commercials through Pandora when using the head unit, as far as I can tell. I streamed it for at least 2 hours the other day, without a single commercial break.

One oddity though - if trying to switch from Pandora to another Bluetooth music app, it will sometimes get confused and continue to play Pandora.

I have a Sprint Samsung Galazy S3, and I can get it to connect to Bluetooth and play Pandora (or music from my internal library) through the Bluetooth tab on the radio. When I try to use the Pandora tab, I just get a processing icon and it times out and says it can't connect.

Mazda's phone compatibility chart has a red X for Pandora for the Sprint S3, so are you able to use the Pandora tab from the radio? Just curious why mine doesn't work.

I have a Sprint Samsung Galazy S3, and I can get it to connect to Bluetooth and play Pandora (or music from my internal library) through the Bluetooth tab on the radio. When I try to use the Pandora tab, I just get a processing icon and it times out and says it can't connect.

Mazda's phone compatibility chart has a red X for Pandora for the Sprint S3, so are you able to use the Pandora tab from the radio? Just curious why mine doesn't work.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but mine is Verizon. The Pandora tab works with very few issues on mine. When I say "very few" what I mean is that if you switch from Pandora to Bluetooth Music, it will sometimes continue to play Pandora instead of whatever music app you are trying to use (Google music, amazon mp3, etc). This is rectified by closing out Pandora on the phone manually, and re-launching whatever music app you want playing. Honestly the control is better than anticipated over all.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but mine is Verizon. The Pandora tab works with very few issues on mine. When I say "very few" what I mean is that if you switch from Pandora to Bluetooth Music, it will sometimes continue to play Pandora instead of whatever music app you are trying to use (Google music, amazon mp3, etc). This is rectified by closing out Pandora on the phone manually, and re-launching whatever music app you want playing. Honestly the control is better than anticipated over all.

Yep, just looked and the Verizon S3 shows its compatibily with Internet Radio and also Displays Song Information where Sprint does not. No idea why it would matter by Carrier but it does. I may try to root and flash a custom ROM just to see if it makes a difference.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=bluetooth

Back