Black or White CX-5?

heymrjon

:
Scion
Looking into buying a new 2015 CX-5 GT with black leather interior. I'm just undecided on color black or white exterior. I've seen both in person and photos, both are sweet especially with black wheels which I plan on doing plastidip matte black once I buy the vehicle. I've had a black and white cars so I know the maintenance involved. Now it's just down to aesthetics.

So Black or White CX-5 GT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, for some reason white really brings out the curves on the CX-5.
White looks better on the CX-5 than most other cars.
Sand leather goes good with white exterior, but that's just me.

White imo, black (especially on black) is boring and everywhere. Your car will stand out way more in white and the black bits you want to add on it. This car looks really great in white too (plus Fl heat). Plastidip..I cringe at the thought of buying a brand new car and covering it with a cheap (looking) product common to beat up cars and broke kids but hey..

I have a white CX5 and a black MX5 (Miata).

Trust me, incredible as it might sound, the white is MUCH easier to keep clean.

White imo, black (especially on black) is boring and everywhere. Your car will stand out way more in white and the black bits you want to add on it. This car looks really great in white too (plus Fl heat). Plastidip..I cringe at the thought of buying a brand new car and covering it with a cheap (looking) product common to beat up cars and broke kids but hey..

Agree wholeheartedly with all of this!

I have a white CX-5 for the same reason I would recommend it to you. You are in a hot state and white reflects the suns heat much better than black.

Go with white. You won't regret it. I had the white for 2 years and YES it is much easier to keep it clean when compared to the black colour.

White w/black leather and red stitching is best IMHO.

My other cars are similar to black in being quite dark but easier to care for (colors: Lexus smokey granite mica and Mercedes steel gray metallic)

I have a '15 white cx-5 and a '14 white mazda3. White for me is just a cleaner look. I had a black scion tc before the mazdas and that thing was a pain to keep clean and scratchless.

Definitely white, unless you want to wash it everyday and you live in a cool climate (you don't).

Paint durability appears to be an issue for many of the forum members. White paint is the most durable as there's a lower percentage of pigment to resin. Black paint, the least durable (aside from some of the color-shifting paints and heavy metallic flakes).

Get white with beige interior- it looks pretty classy. Black paint is awful! I once had a black audi and washing it was futile. An hour after washing it, the pollen on it would make it look dirty.

White!

20140828_7979_zpsab2f87da.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I don't even like white cars and I think the CX-5 looks much better in white than black (this coming from from a guy who loves black cars and has own 3 of them). Plus the work required to keep black looking good is just ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back