Beeping sound whilst driving. About 20-30 seconds.

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring 2016
Hi! I experienced a beeping sound whilst driving that went on for about 20-30 seconds in my 2016 Mazda CX-5. No warning lights appeared. Read the manual but no warning beeps appear to correspond with what I was hearing. Any ideas anybody?

Did you have anything heavy in the passenger seat? I recall beeping in my car a while back when I had a heavy bag there and the seat belt was not fastened.

Hi! I experienced a beeping sound whilst driving that went on for about 20-30 seconds in my 2016 Mazda CX-5. No warning lights appeared. Read the manual but no warning beeps appear to correspond with what I was hearing. Any ideas anybody?

Something in the passenger seat, mine does that with grocery bags. Have to buckle the belt to stop the beeping.

Yes, I definitely had a bunch of items on that seat. I will try it out and put something on that seat to see if that's the sound I heard. THANKS everybody!

You can grab an old seatbelt latch from a junkyard to silence the passenger alarm.

My 6 used to do this if I had my cell phone plugged in to charge and lying on the passenger seat. I actually had a contact at Takata (who made the occupant sensors) and made a bug report. I bet they had bigger fish to fry, and it never went anywhere...

The light for the passenger airbag is in the horizontal strip above the climate controls. If the system senses that the passenger seat is empty, the idiot light that says the passenger SRS is disabled will constantly be lit while the ignition is on.

Back