Battery dies when CX-50 car camping

I took my new CX-50 car camping and was careful about how many times I opened the lift gate and doors but even so, I got the battery low warning. The only solution was to recharge the battery every day if I wanted to access the car. Seems like a car that has off road capability should have a way to disable some of those battery draining functions. any thoughts? will leaving the car running for 10-15 minutes a day do the trick?

I really think that "battery low' warning is very over-cautious. I have it happen to me even when I have the door open long enough to just vacuum the carpets. Seeing as all the interior lights are small LEDs, there's no way that's actually draining anything much.

I really think that "battery low' warning is very over-cautious. I have it happen to me even when I have the door open long enough to just vacuum the carpets. Seeing as all the interior lights are small LEDs, there's no way that's actually draining anything much.
I think opening and closing the lift gate takes more power than just keeping a car door open. Surprised you got that warning. My car was reluctant to start after I got the warning

I think opening and closing the lift gate takes more power than just keeping a car door open. Surprised you got that warning. My car was reluctant to start after I got the warning
Agreed - just spent 4 days car camping. The first day I didn't think much about how often I was opening / closing lift gate, until I got that warning. Went driving on some national forest backroads, it recharged fine, I used the lift gate less after that and it took a couple days before warning chime again. But I never had a problem with it starting after getting the warning.

Back