B2500

mrgee

I have a repair question. The "Door Open" warning light does not go out and the dome light stays on after all doors are closed. Eventually, they go out, but not until after a few minutes... 10 to 20 minutes. I have looked all over for a door switch but can't find one so I'm thinking it must be a magnet switch hidden somewhere.

This is a 2000 model.

Thanks for any help!

mrgee said:
I have a repair question. The "Door Open" warning light does not go out and the dome light stays on after all doors are closed. Eventually, they go out, but not until after a few minutes... 10 to 20 minutes. I have looked all over for a door switch but can't find one so I'm thinking it must be a magnet switch hidden somewhere.

This is a 2000 model.

Thanks for any help!

It might be some corrosion on the door switch. I had a Honda that did the same thing, but it was old. I WD-40'd the back of the switch, and cleaned off the corrosion on the switch with an old toothbrush. Pop off the switch and make sure the contacts are clean. If they look clean, still spray it with WD-40 to lube it up. I do not think it is a computer problem.

RaiderMP5 said:
It might be some corrosion on the door switch. I had a Honda that did the same thing, but it was old. I WD-40'd the back of the switch, and cleaned off the corrosion on the switch with an old toothbrush. Pop off the switch and make sure the contacts are clean. If they look clean, still spray it with WD-40 to lube it up. I do not think it is a computer problem.

I don't know if I should just the information of a Raider fan! Just kidding :)

I'll try it as soon as it gets a little warmer up here in Patriots' territory.

Thanks!

Back