Attempt rip off by dealer?

jeremy44

:
CX-5 AWD GT with Tech pkg
I just got the car serviced for the 1st time in December and that sticker they put on the top left of the wind shield says next service in Feb (next month) or at 15,000KM

2 months after the first service seems a tad early

This is Avante Mazda in Richmond Hill, Ontario

I got the car in August 2012

Not to sound rude, but maybe you should be asking the dealership straight out. Maybe it's an error or maybe there's some scheduled item at that point?

I also got my car in August and my first service was also in December. The sticker on my window is April 2013. I'm only doing these 2 services 4 months apart as the dealer is paying for the first 2 services as they recommend every 4 months. I'll stick to every 8000 Km's as recommended in the owners manual after my April service.

I can't believe your service intervals are so short. In the UK about 12000 miles or every year is normal for most cars. Must be a reason though.

Remove sticker(s) immediately. Do people really take these stickers seriously?

Yes, manual states Canada owners must follow Schedule 2 with short intervals.

Last edited:
I just had my oil changed at 4 months (no way I'm going to hit 8K in 4 months under my normal driving situation) and they put a sticker on for 12,800KM and May 1st. That would be 4 months or 8K from this last service. They're either trying to rip you off, or someone can't count, or maybe they just figure you'll hit a certain mileage target by then....I'd ignore it, you're in control of when you take it in for servicing. Personally I'm following the schedule 2 service that Mazda recommends because most of my trips are under 15KM or less with a small amount of stop 'n go traffic, that usually qualifies as severe service for most vehicles.

It might have been a mistake by the service department. Like others said, double check with them. I also got my car from the same dealer and my next appointment is April or 18000 kms. The schedule 2 is fine for us Canadian CX5 owners.

I just got the car serviced for the 1st time in December and that sticker they put on the top left of the wind shield says next service in Feb (next month) or at 15,000KM

2 months after the first service seems a tad early

This is Avante Mazda in Richmond Hill, Ontario

I got the car in August 2012

Latest posts

Back