All weather mats question

I purchased genuine mazda rear all weather mats online with part numbers 0000-8B-N35. I had also provided my VIN to the online store. I have a 2020 CX-9 GT with 2nd row captains chairs.

I found that some of the mats of the third row are missing - center and driver side. Instead a larger mat is provided that doesn't fit. See attached picture for reference.
The OEM carpet mats are in 5 pieces (including center aisle) so I expected the OEM all weather mats to follow similar pattern. 3 of the all weather mats do follow the similar pattern but the 4th one is too large and the all weather mat for center aisle is missing.

Can those who have bought all weather mats confirm?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8827.jpg
    IMG_8827.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 439
This picture is a good representation of what was sent to me.
The two mats in the 1st row fit in front of the 2nd row captain's chairs.
The first mat in the 2nd row fits behind the 2nd row captain's chair on the passenger side.
I am not sure where the 2nd mat in the 2nd row is supposed to fit. It is too big to fit behind the captain's chair.
The 3rd and 4th mats in the 2nd row fit between the 2nd row captains chairs and the doors.

May be this meant for CX-9 without captain's chairs!
1595212485554.png

Anyone know if the all weather liners for the 2nd row fit with the captains chairs due to placement of the cup holders and USB ports? I’d love to get all weather liners but none look like they fit the captains chairs setup right now.

This picture is a good representation of what was sent to me.
The two mats in the 1st row fit in front of the 2nd row captain's chairs.
The first mat in the 2nd row fits behind the 2nd row captain's chair on the passenger side.
I am not sure where the 2nd mat in the 2nd row is supposed to fit. It is too big to fit behind the captain's chair.
The 3rd and 4th mats in the 2nd row fit between the 2nd row captains chairs and the doors.

May be this meant for CX-9 without captain's chairs!
View attachment 225828

Yes , these mats are meant for vehicle that don't have the captain chairs. You should return them and get the models for the captain chair version. ( I don't know yet of aftermarket wesather models that fits 3rd row with captain chair)

Inanimate. It looks like weather tech now has 2nd row models that will fit captain chair models, but they don't cover the middle passage between the 2 seats, so a bit disappointing in my opinion.

Anyone know if the all weather liners for the 2nd row fit with the captains chairs due to placement of the cup holders and USB ports? I’d love to get all weather liners but none look like they fit the captains chairs setup right now.

Mazda 2nd row all weather mats fit both captains chairs or bench seats but they come with 3rd row mats that only fit models with 2nd row bench seats.

Inanimate. It looks like weather tech now has 2nd row models that will fit captain chair models, but they don't cover the middle passage between the 2 seats, so a bit disappointing in my opinion.

That's great, but I also just read this week that the Husky liners are much better than WT.
I'd love a matched set, but feels like it might be husky in the front, WT in the 2nd row.

edit: specifically, the Husky's are said to cover the dead pedal completely.

Last edited:
I also just read this week that the Husky liners are much better than WT.
It is personal preference. I have sold Husky and Weathertech for many many years, and the quality and fit is pretty much the same. I have always leaned towards Husky, and they don't make anything the first gens, so I had to get Weathertech. Almost a year later and I am still happy with them.

I have the husky. They are great. Weathertech are good too but for the cx-9 the huskies covers more ( the deadpedal like you said) and are also cheaper. So it's a win-win.

Can't seem to buy the husky front liners by themselves for some reason. Maybe I can go OEM liner in the fronts, and weathertechs in the second row.

It seems like maxpider mats have become really hard to purchase now. Wonder if they discontinued them.

Back