All doors frozen, no remote start!

Same thing with Nissan (my former 2014 & 2017.5 Murano and my wife's 2015 Juke) unless you remove the battery from the spare fob. I usually buy batteries in a pack of 3 and replace them on the 2 fobs so I have a spare one that just sits for next time I have a low battery signal.

Back to topic, kind of...(I hate winter). In the old days of carburetors and distributor caps, I was always carrying a can of ether to spray down the carb in very cold weather and silicone spray to disperse the moisture on the distributor cap and spark plug wires and also gas line antifreeze. Looking forward to warmer weather as more crappy precipitations coming later this week :cool: 🌞
Sure enough, we got freezing rain and mixed precipitations but my doors opened no problem today since I treated the weatherstripping with silicone a few days ago! Only the hood needed a few gentle bangs with my fist around the perimeter then it popped open. I needed to clear the snow & ice from the fresh air inlet and then plug my smart battery tender.

Sure enough, we got freezing rain and mixed precipitations but my doors opened no problem today since I treated the weatherstripping with silicone a few days ago! Only the hood needed a few gentle bangs with my fist around the perimeter then it popped open. I needed to clear the snow & ice from the fresh air inlet and then plug my smart battery tender.
Yesterday I had to run my little finger along the front hood edge to free the frozen weatherstripping; more crappy weather for the next couple of days (snow squalls and -40 wind chill factor) but a soon as I can, I will treat this area with silicone as if it was a door!

Back